Windows 10 Upgrade - Not able to login - Fast Access Facial Recognition software issue - constant flickering/refresh

I have upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 on Dell Inspirion 17R machine. I am not able to login to the machine as there is a constant refresh/flickering of screen probably due to a facial recognition software - Fast Access - which is trying to get focus from Windows logon screen and forth.  

I am not able to login to the machine not even once after upgrade to Windows 10 and I don't have any rescue disc. 

I have googled for this problem, it seems similar issue has been observed in Windows 8.1 os and this has been resolved by using workaround of moving/renaming the dll files of Fast Access. Unfortunately,  I am not able to do this as I cannot boot in Safe mode nor have access to the file system to rename/delete these dll files of Fast Access.

Can you please suggest if there any other alternate ways to boot in Safe mode (i don't have Windows 10 rescue disk) and change/delete these files in Windows 10

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thanks Michael ...

I did the opposite way. Instead of uninstalling the FA, I disabled this software instead. But the result is awful. So far, I still can not login to the windows box!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Funny, I did say Yes to download updates, and my FastAccess is still version 2.x and exhibits all the problems described here. Not even sure how I managed to get back in and uncheck the box to enable facial login.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 10 absolutely has a safe mode and can be accessed the same way in win 8.  I had the same problem you as you and wound up uninstalling fastaccess.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After having upgraded to Windows 10 I ran into this same exact problem. Wouldn't stop flickering and it kept displaying a combination of the Windows lock screen and the Fast Access icon but it wouldn't let me log in or do anything. Tried clicking, turning the PC off and on again, hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del and nothing seemed to work.

Then I left it alone while it was doing the whole flickering thing until the screen timed out, woke it up, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and Voila, it stopped flickering and gave me the log in options screen.

Logged in by traditional method (PIN) and once inside uninstalled the Fast Access software right away. Problem solved.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 1, 2024 Views 4,114 Applies to: