windows 10 updates

hello .

I am running windows 10 home version right now. I don't want to upgrade it to latest version (1607). I did it before and I found it slow !!!

I want to keep my current windows version but I want to receive windows security and other normal updates on current version. how can I do it ?

Question Info

Last updated January 1, 2018 Views 49 Applies to:

You can't do that.  To keep updates you have to install the latest updates, they are cumulative.

I know it can be slow at first, but it will be perfectly fine.  After install, I like to leave the computer set to "do not sleep when plugged in" and give it several hours to finish all the extra junk it has to do. Windows 7 only post-install task was the indexer, but Windows 10 has a dozen services that all run (Microsoft calls them "deferred tasks") that take many hours to finish, during which they kill the CPU and make the entire system run like junk.  I tell most people to give it overnight, and posted more details why here: cmdrkeene.com/psa-windows-10-high-cpu-usage

After all the background work is done, the performance will be the same speed as before.

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can't do that.  To keep updates you have to install the latest updates, they are cumulative.

I know it can be slow at first, but it will be perfectly fine.  After install, I like to leave the computer set to "do not sleep when plugged in" and give it several hours to finish all the extra junk it has to do. Windows 7 only post-install task was the indexer, but Windows 10 has a dozen services that all run (Microsoft calls them "deferred tasks") that take many hours to finish, during which they kill the CPU and make the entire system run like junk.  I tell most people to give it overnight, and posted more details why here: cmdrkeene.com/psa-windows-10-high-cpu-usage

After all the background work is done, the performance will be the same speed as before.

thanks for your help. I've got another question.

I use an internet connection with limited data and it offers me unlimited downloads just at a specific time. ( 3 am to 8 am ). so I need to schedule my updates to being downloaded in this period of time.

Is there any way to start downloading updates at 3 am and make it stop at 8 am ?!!!

I will really appreciate your answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes indeed.  Use the steps on this page to set the hours of the day when upload downloads are allowed:

Mange when Background BITS Transfers (Windows Updates) Can Use Data

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Sorry this didn't help.