Windows 10 Pro Update version 1809 (10-2-18)

On 10-3-2018, I updated Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on my desktop PC to the October 2018 version 1809 update. The version 1809 update deleted all of my personal files (all documents, pictures, videos & Firefox 64 bookmarks). I have backups for all of these personal documents. I have never updated Windows and had all of my personal files deleted in the process. Also, Microsoft Edge will not start in version 1809. I am very, very unhappy with Microsoft releasing version 1809 and having all of my personal files deleted during the update process. Microsoft should test their products before releasing their products to the general public. JK (10-4-18)

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

well how im going to get my files back as some of them were really important 

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

1809 deleted my Outlook 365 data file. Lost all of my contacts and calendar entries. 

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

On 10-3-2018, I updated Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on my desktop PC to the October 2018 version 1809 update. The version 1809 update deleted all of my personal files (all documents, pictures, videos & Firefox 64 bookmarks). I have backups for all of these personal documents. I have never updated Windows and had all of my personal files deleted in the process. Also, Microsoft Edge will not start in version 1809. I am very, very unhappy with Microsoft releasing version 1809 and having all of my personal files deleted during the update process. Microsoft should test their products before releasing their products to the general public. JK (10-4-18)

60 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated January 28, 2024 Views 6,004 Applies to: