Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4338819 messed up my VPN software (Hotspot Shield)

When I installed Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4338819 on my PC my VPN software stopped working and would not launch.  Uninstalled update and VPN started working again.  First time I installed update I downloaded the standalone update.  I reinstalled update through windows update and the VPN stopped working again.  Uninstalled the cumulative update and the VPN started working again.  The VPN is hotspot shield.  This particular update is messing up PC's with hotspot shield.  The Only fix to getting pcs with hotspot shield to start the vpn working again is to uninstall update.   If You have hotspot shield on your windows 10 PC do not install this update because it causes hotspot shield to stop working and not launch on startup.  Normally I would say install updates as soon as possible but I don't recommend installing this update on your windows 10 pc if you have hotspot shield vpn installed on your windows 10 pc.  Because the software will not launch on startup if this update is installed.  Microsoft needs to fix this.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 29, 2019 Views 357 Applies to: