Windows 10 creators update takes so much time to install

why does the creators update take so much time to install. I have been trying to install for so many times and I end up cancelling it. the download just finishes in about half an hour but for it to install, it takes about 5 hours when it reached 99% it took 4 hours and didn't finish. it did the same thing before as I tried to install 2 times before this one with the same problem and me ending cancelling it.

Note: iam using the update assistant to download and install the creators update.

[Original title: windows 10 creators update takes so much time to install]

Answer
Answer
I didn't bother doing any thing since i did restart the PC so many times and tried installing the update with no solution  so i ignored the update. From about a month ago i used windows defender to fully scan the pc and then found the update installing by itself till it finished without me doing any thing. I dont know know what happened  but iam sure that i didn't have any virus or any malware on the pc when i used windows defender, may be i unintentionally did something that made the update complete the installation. Iam confused too but at least it did install the update and the version was changed to 1703. I don't think it took too long it installed when i restarted the pc in about 30 minutes. 

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 28, 2020 Views 37,140 Applies to: