Windows 10 - Can't Sign In

I uninstalled Windows 10, because of on going issues with Windows 10 applications not being able to access

the internet. 

The known issues include

• Not able to use Microsoft Edge, - it can't connect to the net.
  • Can't sign in with my Microsoft Account, the sign in screen doesn't seem to connect to the net.
  • Can't access Store, it can't connect to the net. 
  • Updates don't seem to connect to the net to check for new updates
  • Weather App doesn't allow me to change location, it can't connect to the net.
  • News App didn't work. 

Posted other questions about so or all of the issues listed above. and had several responses from Microsoft Engineers, with all of these suggested changes having no effect on the problem. 

These are the links to the previous questions 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-cant-windows-10-connect-to-the-internet/64f35a81-8ae6-4968-ad71-3badcf44b6bd

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/what-doesnt-workso-how-do-i-fix-it/ba02ce3f-f1b4-4b7f-b380-9feed904048e

The interesting this is that when Windows 10 was installed,

• I was still able to get software updates for other applications.
  • Use Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox to access the net. 
  • Sign into Word 2013 and other Office 2013 applications using my Microsoft account.

As a result of suggested fixes not solving the problems encountered, I've gone back to Windows 7. Where things still seem to work correctly. 

Any suggestions on a fix would be greatly appreciated. 

Hello Campbell,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You may download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps: 

1. Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
  2. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
  3. Click, ‘Advanced Options’ and then click on 'Startup Settings' and select ‘Restart’.
  4. After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Refer the link for reference:                                                         

Change startup settings in Windows 10 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Amit, 

Thanks for your help. I followed the instructions that you posted and when I 

select 

Startup Settings from the USB Media Creation Tool, I get the reply

..."Startup repair couldn't repair your PC."...

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks to the reply, this has been the most production of responses I've had 

on these issues. 

Thanks Again. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks from me too, Amit. Unfortunately, I had the same results. Went all the way through, and final popup said that Windows could not prepare the disk. Just as the other person said. I was using a DVD, rather than a USB drive. USB let me boot into Linux.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

Reply us if you need any further assistance with windows. We will be glad to help.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 23, 2021 Views 4,831 Applies to: