Windows 10 Cannot Install Updates, Error 0x8007371b

My windows 10 laptop stopped installing updates starting with 2018-02 Cumulative update. Windows will try to download the update and ask me to restart, but the update never installs. Every time the update will fail with codes 0x8007371b, 0x800f081f and 0x80070020. I tried every solution I could find on the internet such as sfc /scannow and dism restorehealth. Nothing helped. However, I could download the update from windows update catalog and install it manually, but this solution stopped working with 2018-04 update. Now every time I shut down my computer windows will try to install the update and sometimes it couldn't even shut down. Please give me some useful information instead of generic **** such as restarting my computer in safe mode, etc. 
|
Answer
Answer
I recommend you block it until the next cumulative update is released. Many are reporting the same problem too and it looks like this update is buggy.

Is there an option or work around to block updates or hardware drivers that might cause problems?
Yes, Microsoft has released a KB update (KB3073930) that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.

You can download it at the following link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

or

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...

After downloading, launch it, click Next, wait while it detects pending Windows Updates.

Click the Hide Updates menu.

Scroll through the list then select then select the update. Check the box next to the update then click Next to confirm changes.
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 18, 2021 Views 6,616 Applies to: