Why Windows 10 won't update

My copy of Win10 (which was obtained in the initial upgrade sweep a few years back) has not been updating properly. I have never been able to get any of the Creator Updates, and now it won't accept the Security Updates. I even attempted a Reset of the system SSD, but that aborted as well before any actual changes were made.

So far it's been running well (aside from being reminded that updates have failed about every two hours or so), but I am concerned about future security. And the really frustrating part is that I have not been given any clues on what the error is that is preventing things from working. I initially thought it was a space issue, but swapping in a 240GB drive as opposed to the original 120GB model did not help at all. Without any sort of error messages, I don't know what other hardware issues they could be.

Where can I look for answers on my problem?

|

Hi,

Windows Update is a utility used to keep your Windows-based computer up-to-date with the latest patches. Errors will occur when there are issues with the Windows Update components.

To resolve your concern, we recommend the following solutions:

1. Open Microsoft Update Catalog.
  2. On the search bar, type the KB number.
  3. Choose the version applicable for the device and click on Download.
  4. Install the updates.

Also, we suggest to check this link on how to Fix Windows Update issues.

• Checks if resetting the Windows Update components let you install the updates properly. Click this link on How do I reset Windows Update components?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 22, 2021 Views 2,696 Applies to: