Why can't I uninstall update KB3211320???

Since update KB3211320, Photoshop CC has been crashing consistently and randomly. Every 10-30 minutes. Photoshop is part of my job and I cannot work without it. Only for the past two days I've gotten error messages that show that Windows is the cause of the problem (photoshop provides a different bubble when it is photoshop causing the problem). I uninstalled the update on 1/10/2017, which didn't stop the crashing. I cannot uninstall the update on 1/24/2017, and am pretty convinced that this is the update causing the crashes.

I have tried updating the version of photoshop from 2015 to 2017, it continued crashing. I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop, it continued crashing. I rebooted my computer multiple times and it didn't work. I uninstalled the update before KB3211320 and it didn't work. I reset my preferences on photoshop, scanned and deleted adware on my computer, and nothing has worked.

Windows, why are you doing this??

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

KB3211320 is a Servicing Stack update. Servicing Stack updates cannot be uninstalled. That being said...

What's the KB number of the update you uninstalled on the 10th? Is it still being offered when you run a manual check for updates or did you hide it?

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002
any solutions for uninstall. I have had problems connecting to BF4 since this update.
I am having issues connecting to an online game since this update. how do I fix this if I cannot uninstall?

@jimfulco & anyone else with a similar problem: To avoid confusion & duplication of effort, please begin your own, new thread in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

See...

• HOW TO begin your own, new thread about  your computer & problem
        http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Page/faq#faqAskQuestion1

• What information to post in the Windows Update forum
         http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/1467f44b-ee27-4f7d-98d7-f1c4b35b3395

• Suggestions for asking a question in help forums
         http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Since update KB3211320, Photoshop CC has been crashing consistently and randomly. Every 10-30 minutes. Photoshop is part of my job and I cannot work without it. Only for the past two days I've gotten error messages that show that Windows is the cause of the problem (photoshop provides a different bubble when it is photoshop causing the problem). I uninstalled the update on 1/10/2017, which didn't stop the crashing. I cannot uninstall the update on 1/24/2017, and am pretty convinced that this is the update causing the crashes.

I have tried updating the version of photoshop from 2015 to 2017, it continued crashing. I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop, it continued crashing. I rebooted my computer multiple times and it didn't work. I uninstalled the update before KB3211320 and it didn't work. I reset my preferences on photoshop, scanned and deleted adware on my computer, and nothing has worked.

Windows, why are you doing this??

Hi, as our friends said, you can't uninstall the update using regular approach..

But you can using different approach..

First, navigate to C:\Windows\Servicing\packages

On the search box, type ".mum" -> Hit Enter

(Click on the date modified to get the recent file...)

Right click on your package ->Properties -> Security tab-> Advanced -> Change permissions(require admin rights)

Click Add -> Select a principal -> 

-> type your user name/ email id under "enter the Object...etc box"-> Check names to makesure whether such name exist on your system -> OK

Check Full control check box under basic permissions..

Click on Change, which is near to Owner..

type your user name/ email id under "enter the Object...etc box"-> Check names to makesure whether such name exist on your system -> OK -> Apply -> OK -> Close the window..

Now, again right click on the package -> Open with -> Notepad ( Click on More apps and then notepad when there is no Notepad on the list)

When the file is opened , Scroll down and change permanance=”permanent” to permanence=”removable”

Press Ctrl + S to save the file...

Now, go back to your uninstall screen and uninstall the update..

Hope it helps..

Source

The one who wish to learn new things everyday...`
Powershell Scripting Guy

Is KB3211320 a "security update?"

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Thanks, for letting me know the post was now corrected..

Thanks bro..

The one who wish to learn new things everyday...`
Powershell Scripting Guy

Great, but my buttons are inactive... I can go to "Properties -> Security tab-> Advanced -> Change permissions" and than nothing. I can't push any buttons. Whas should I do?

All but the last step worked. Wouldn't let me save the file. "Access Denied"

Hi Kevin,

To know more about your concern, please provide the following information:

• What files are you trying to save?
  • What is the exact error message that you are getting when saving the file?

Regards.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 12, 2020 Views 13,199 Applies to: