USB DRIVERS

ICH10 Family USB enhanced host controller the software for this device has been blocked form starting because it is known to have problems with windows contact hardware vendor code 48

Why on earth did Microsoft not check USB drivers with windows 10,  you can not even get in with you usb keyboard or mouse after installing windows 10.

NO PROBLEMS WITH HARDWARE / WHEN WILL THEIR BE A NEW DRIVER THAT WILL WORK WITH THE USB.

I checked with ASUS and intel no new drivers for this ?

PLEASE HELP I HAVE TWO COMPUTERS DISABLED BY THIS   WINDOWS 10 UPDATE GARBAGE

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I know what you mean hear what i try down lode the windo 8 driver  right click on you mouse and go to compatable mode and run it under windo 7/8/8.1 see if that work good luck you need it

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Johnp,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with the USB on Windows 10. The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the USB drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

The issue could also be related to the USB drivers and other updates. I want to inform you that updates will be released by Microsoft. So, I would suggest you to keep checking your Windows updates not only important one but optional too. If any available try to install them and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

First try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the Display drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

If issue still persists, then install the drivers for Windows 8/8.1 from the manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Reference:  

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-81&v1h=win81tab5&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I disabled all the drivers tried every condition in bios.

Reinstalled all the drivers and still their is NO WORKING USB DRIVER FOR THE INTEL ICH10 FAMILY.

The only way I could use ANY part of the computer was to find and use my old ps2 keyboard, only one slot on my motherboard son I can't use a mouse,  do you know how hard it is to navigate with a  mouse in modern day GUI`s

HOW COULD MICROSOFT RELEASE A FINISHED OPERATING SYSTEM WITHOUT ANY WORKING USB DRIVERS

I CAN NOT IMAGINE THAT I AM THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your not the only one.

I have an Asus Sabertooth 990FX Mobo, and am having the same problem. All my usb control drivers have been disabled by Window 10.

I do agree that it is almost impossible to navigate windows with keyboard commands. I tried to reinstall the drivers from disc. Loaded the program in compatibility mode, but have to click some buttons to get to the drivers location that can't be clicked by keyboard commands, so now I am stuck with only a keyboard.

If this doesn't get fixed quick am going back to windows 7.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your not the only one.

I have an Asus Sabertooth 990FX Mobo, and am having the same problem. All my usb control drivers have been disabled by Window 10.

I do agree that it is almost impossible to navigate windows with keyboard commands. I tried to reinstall the drivers from disc. Loaded the program in compatibility mode, but have to click some buttons to get to the drivers location that can't be clicked by keyboard commands, so now I am stuck with only a keyboard.

If this doesn't get fixed quick am going back to windows 7.

Having the same problem.  Can't use my usb mouse as all Intel usb are non functional after windows 10 update.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well just installed latest windows updates and no fix yet on USB drivers. However, looks like Microsoft did some tweeking on keyboard control. Now I can actually get around with a keyboard. Currently downloading ASUS mobo driver package from internet, will update if this works.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have ASUS motherboard and have ASUS AI Suite II installed, the following may help resolve the problem:

Fortunately I was able to remote desktop into my PC  from my laptop.

Problem was with a component ASUS AI Suite II - It was ASUS AI Charger Plus. This controls the placement of an additional driver into the USB Host Controllers which is not supported in Win 10. The simplest thing to do was to remove this A1 Charger+ driver. This can be done by selecting ASUS AI Suite II from the Apps and features and clicking on it and selecting uninstall. A list of components will appear, put a cross against AI Charger and select uninstall. On reboot all my USB ports worked as normal.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

NO I uninstalled all the Asus suites and one again NO change windows 10 drivers work until you reboot or shutdown the computer for the first time after using windows 10.   Then if your lucky you have a PS2 port and keyboard and you PAINFULL navigate through the menus with tabs until you get to the recover and get RID OF THIS WINDOWS 10 GARBAGE.  I have been using windows since 3.11 and never had this much problem with a vital hardware device.

And yes I and I did install and Use Vista on one of my systems and still did not have these issues.

Thanks Microsoft for wasting my time this is the 3rd attempt to install windows 10 on one machine  ,  I WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO START ON ANY OF MY OTHER MACHINES AT WORK OR HOME, this Microsoft support is on par with COMCAST.  DEAD LAST ..

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this happen to me, too. I have no non-usb HID ports, so I'm glad I was able to use remote desktop to log in. The lack of USB input in combination with an ASUS board is almost guaranteed to be associated with the AICharger+ feature of the AI Suite. It's not enough to just turn off the feature in AI Suite II, you have to uninstall AICharger+. To do so, follow the screenshots I've attached. Find it in the Apps & Features list, and click Uninstall. This will launch the uninstall wizard for the tools. I dared not reinstall the AICharger+ software, so I hope there's no confusion with it not being in the list right above "ASUS Update" (alphabetical order). Simply check the box for AICharger+ and uninstall. After a reboot, the USB drivers should be restored to a normal state, and allow you to use USB mice and keyboards normally.

If this doesn't solve your problem, something else is probably interfering with the stock USB controller drivers, because those drivers are provided by Microsoft, not by ASUS.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I couldn't wait for Asus to get those USB drivers sorted out so I tried to go back to windows 7 and my system said that the backup data was bad and would not revert back so I had to do a complete reinstall. I tried windows 10 and it works great on windows drivers and I will slowly install Asus drivers to make sure they work ok. Not very happy about all the stuff I lost, luckly I store all my important stuff on a second HDD.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 26, 2022 Views 14,982 Applies to: