Update - all your files are exactly where you left them

No they are not.  I use Pegasus for mail and IE for browsing.  When I click on a link in a message, it goes to a screen with system32 displayed, rather than opening the page.  How can I reverse this update?  I think I'm also getting more ads displayed as well.

Question Info

Last updated July 23, 2019 Views 1,090 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Oxford,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

All your personal files and data will not replace or be harmed it says "all your files are exactly where you left them"

Meanwhile perform a Clean Boot  in Windows 10 and check if the issue persists.

Refer: How to Clean Boot in Windows 10 

Note:After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"  

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. 

Keep us posted to help you better. 

Thank you
Sachin.V
Microsoft Community

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello,

We appreciate your time and effort to getting back to us.

I know its frustrating  when things don't work the way as expected. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

--Which update caused this issue?

As a work around, I suggest you to perform a System Restore and check if it helps.

System Restore: Restore your computer to an earlier restore point. This is the same as using System Restore within Windows. However, if Windows can’t boot, it may boot properly after you restore your PC to a working state. 

Follow the steps to perform System restore.

If you are able to boot to Login screen, press shift key + restart >>restart anyway, it will take you to Windows Recovery Environment. Then, click on troubleshoot >> Advanced options >>System restore.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,
Microsoft Community.

Rakesh C N

Microsoft Community.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.