Troubles updating to windows 10 [c1900101-40019]

I have downloaded the update and it installs correctly up until it gets to 32%-installing/updating drivers and then the computer restarts and the screen remains black. Upon resetting the computer to the last stable build (windows 8.1) I get an error code of c1900101-40019 my graphics drivers are up to date and I have given it time (10hrs +) to try and sort through the black screen if it was just a simple slow installation problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated December 3, 2019 Views 4,414 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. It sometimes take long time to download Windows 10, depending on the quality of the internet connection, the amount of data to move and the computer’s speed. Kindly follow the below given steps:

Method 1:

Antivirus and security-related products. if you have any Antivirus installed for (Free) uninstall it, if not then disable the Antivirus

Note: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks

Method 2:

Kindly try the following, this will reset your Windows Update component:

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Typethe following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

I suggest you to refer to the information given by Bennet Martin in the below given Microsoft Community discussion article for more info:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/the-windows-10-upgrade-appears-to-hang/a3359013-80a7-4a25-a75d-1c828e576c40?tm=1438143969182&auth=1

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I seem to get a problem similar to what Bennet Martin describes. The update gets to between 32 and 45% and then the compute restarts. Upon restarting the informational thing flickers then moves off to one side then simply disappears. It stays as a black screen overnight. Over the past night I have reformatted the OS drive and reinstalled windows (8.1) from a disk. Pictures are included of the problem. It should be noted that I unplug the second monitor and speakers before reinstalling the OS and have reinstalled it twice.

Sorry this didn't help.

(the second picture is a picture of the same screen as the first taken 15 second later with the desktop still on. It continues in this state for at least 10 hours)

Sorry this didn't help.

Excactly the same problem, help!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Parth, 

I am also facing the same acute problem. I am having one laptop only and cannot afford to have that become unstable. It took me 13Hrs to download the entire installation files. Actually I have a licensed Windows7 Home Basic on my HP pavilion dv4 laptop. It carries Radeon graphics which is extra to the internal Intel Graphics. I always keep Radeon shut down since it uses lot of battery and heats up.

Now since I am running Genuine Windows 7 home basic, I got the pop up to upgrade to Windows10. Win10 automatically started to download from the windows update. It took 13Hrs for the update to get finish and then it started with the extra updates which took 1Hr time. Then it automatically restarted and the installation process started. After copying the files at 30% and when it started configuring the driver portion the blue color windows logo disappeared very smoothly and never showed up again. I sat for 3 and Half hrs. But the light in on the HDD was sometimes blinking and sometimes went off.

I got frustrated and afraid and rolled back to Windows 7 again.

Today morning I started my laptop and the windows update has started the entire installation file update for Windows10 again. That means I again have to wait for 13 Hrs. It stared from 0%. 

I very humbly ask the Microsoft Team to answer the following as I am a very loyal user of Microsoft since 1998:

1. How to turn that automatic downloading of Windows 10 upgrade files as soon as I start my computer which is connected to the internet.

2. Should I need to wait for more time for that BLACK screen to disappear once that 30% installation portion is finished.

3. Can I make the recovery DVD of Windows 10 after I upgrade my laptop. Will the system show an option to make the recovery DVD. Since there is already a recovery drive made for Windows 7 in my HP laptop and I have also made the recovery disks which it allows to make once in life time.

4. What to press on the keyboard during that BLACK screen (while upgrading to Windows 10) so that I am able to get the options to roll back to my previous version of Windows 7.

5. How to STOP the auto upgrade process since the laptop automatically restarts forcefully and starts with the windows 10 installation process. I want to upgrade but at a later date. I also don't want to download it right now but yes definitely at a later date. How to solve all this.

6. If I close my laptop while the windows update is downloading the windows 10 upgrade - Will it create a problen in the installation file.

Thank you very much. I hope someone from Microsoft would reply to this query please - POINT WISE.

Warm Regards,

RD Singh

Sorry this didn't help.

My upgrade actually went as far as opening the Win 10 Welcome screen with no response. When I put my mouse arrow over the lower left hand area where it says, I'm not AllanDale, it lights up as if it would respond.But, it does not respond. If I position my mouse arrow over the Welcome area where I click to start Win 10 it does not light up and has no response. When I tried to open Windows 10, no response. When I tried to use every one of the Recovery icons , no joy. It actually, eventually, allowed me to go back to Win 7 after several attempts.  My last search for Windows Updates after the recovery to Win 7 was a error code 1900101-40019 and when I checked my drivers using iobooster 3 I had to update six drivers. They were up-to-date before the upgrade attempt. Wish some one could assist me before I can't get back what I already enjoyed using before it went back on its own. Allan
Not real computer savvy yet

Sorry this didn't help.