Today's Win10 Updates screwed up my Upgraded-from-Win7 PC

I want to delete this thread. see here for the reasons. But 'Delete' is greyed out!!!!!!!!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type msinfo32 and click OK . Place the cursor on System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode. If the report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your One Drive and share with everyone a copy of your System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:
http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Gerry - this is a 'first' for me so I hope this works!

Fingers crossed

http://1drv.ms/1PmwwWu

version 2004, OS build19041.610
You MUST visit "Sharing experiences and staying safe, together" - see Andreea_C's profile

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is strange, Gerry. I replied along the lines of "This is a first for me" and my link to the OneDrive Share was shown as "Fingers Crossed". For good luck I also pasted the link underneath.

I saw my reply but now it's gone!!

Let me try again:

http://1drv.ms/1PmwwWu

You MUST visit "Sharing experiences and staying safe, together" - see Andreea_C's profile

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

are you looking at all the other posts ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

King Norah! I've now discovered that all my Pictures have gone. I can't prove it but it must have been  caused by the blasted Window Updates. How can I recover them?

Edited to add: and there are many other complaints about the effects of the Updates over on TenForums.

A bl**dy nightmare.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Taffy

Your Event Viewer System log is in the wrong file format. It needs to bean evtx file.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

Gerry
Enquire Plan Execute

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Robert Hamburger

Please clarify your question?

Gerry
Enquire Plan Execute

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd clicked on 'Display Information' instead of 'No Display Information' - wrong choice, sorry. Saving now

Robert Hamburger was highlighting all the other new threads on the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hoping this is the right format:

http://1drv.ms/1otTsKD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Taffy

Select the keyboard shortcut Win+S, type Services, click Services in the drop down list and press the ENTER key. Locate Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service in the list. Check that it has started and that the StartUp type is Automatic. If it is not set to Automatic right click and select Properties, General tab. There is a box after StartUp type. The options are available on a drop down by clicking on the arrow down to the right of the box. Make the change and click on Apply and OK. Restart the computer and check whether it has started.

Please remove:
PC Pitstop
Soluto
Trusteer Endpoint Protection

Select the keyboard shortcut WIN+S to access Search and type in the box Programs and Features and click Programs and Features in the list below. Place the cursor on the programme name PC Pitstop, right click and select Uninstall from the drop down menu.

Select the keyboard shortcut WIN+S to access Search and type in the box Programs and Features and click Programs and Features in the list below. Place the cursor on the programme name Soluto, right click and select Uninstall from the drop down menu.

Select the keyboard shortcut WIN+S to access Search and type in the box Programs and Features and click Programs and Features in the list below. Place the cursor on the programme name Trusteer / Rapport right click and select Uninstall from the drop down menu.

Select the keyboard shortcut Win+X, and click Command Prompt (Admin) on the drop down menu. Type cd\ and press ENTER. Type or copy and paste the command "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth " without the quotes and press the ENTER key. Type or copy and paste the command " DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" without the quotes and press the ENTER key. Make sure you include the spaces where indicated. These procedures can take a long time to complete so you need to be extremely patient. Type exit when it completes, press the ENTER key and restart the computer.

If you get an Error 87 response recheck the command you entered.

Please upload a copy of the DISM log file as a shared file to your OneDrive and post a link here.

You may need to show hidden files. Use the keyboard shortcut Win+X to access Control Panel, Folder Options and select View, Advanced Settings. Verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

Open Windows Explorer (keyboard shortcut Win+E) and locate your C partition Expand C along the file path C>windows>logs>DISM>dism.log. To expand C click the arrowhead to left of C and repeat with windows and sub-folders as necessary.

Gerry
Enquire Plan Execute

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2019 Views 655 Applies to: