Q: System Restore Failure Windows 10 This thread is locked from future replies

I have a new desktop PC with Windows 10 pre installed and everything running great but for one problem. System Restore fails to complete in normal and safe mode. Each time I run I get a message, error 0x80070091, %ProgramFile%\WindowsApps, Source AppsStaging. I have searched for a solution but unable to find the answer, please help. I do not have an urgent need to do a system restore but need to know that it works in case of future urgent need. 

Sorry you had problems, but glad it finally worked for you.  Apparently worked OK for MatteoFrigerio above, so I don't know.

Kind of surprised you only had one restore point to choose from. You might want to make sure that automatic updates are turned on (since the system creates a new restore point each time it does an update), and also might want to allocate more disk space for storing the restore files--the system will hold more restore points and, thus, keep them longer. It's probably outside the scope of this thread to go into detail on how to do those things, but you can find easy instructions for doing both by searching the net.

If you have the same issues the next time you try to do a restore, I'd probably consider reinstalling Windows, or taking it somewhere and having it done--especially if you still have the install files for any application software you've added. No sense in putting up with this hassle forever on a new computer. Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

42 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 2,071 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: