Stuck at "working on updates" in windows 10

My computer (ASUS laptop) prompted me to update last night and so I clicked "update and shut down" before I went to bed. So this morning when I woke up and turn on my computer, it says working on updates and I left it running. However after a few hours it is still stuck at the same screen. I tried to force close my computer and restart but everytime it is just stuck at the same screen (also at about 75%).

Any idea how to fix this or to stop the update? My computer was working all fine until this. Internet is also working fine.

Thanks!

Answer
Answer

Hi,

A corrupted components of the update is one of the possible causes why your computer got stuck on a certain percentage. To help you resolve your concern, kindly restart your computer and follow these steps:

1. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. You may refer to this link. Note: The automated troubleshooter will try to identify and then resolve the issues that it finds.
  2. Follow the steps on the "Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool" article. Here's the link.
  3. Manually install the update in Microsoft Catalog. Please click this link.
  4. Clear the Windows Update cache manually. To do this, you may check this link.

After doing these steps, please try to update your computer again.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

40 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 92,883 Applies to: