Sound is not working after 1909 update

Hello, the problem is there is an issue with sound after 1909 update.

When trying to play test sound there is an error "Can't play test sound" and there is no sound in apps like browser and so on, besides Adobe Premiere that works with ASIO driver and only Premiere playing sound.

When trying to downgrade an update version, saying that i need to delete another one (Administrator) account that was created while update (but i cant delete it and i've tried to turn it off, but it's not working for downgrade)

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Please try these suggestions:

1. Run Playing Audio troubleshooter from Settings app > Update & security > Troubleshoot.

2. Open Services snap-in by running services.msc command. Make sure Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services are running and have their Startup type set to Automatic.

3. Open Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers, right click on your audio driver and select Uninstall driver. Then click Action > Scan for hardware changes. 

4. In Device Manager, right click on your audio driver and select Update driver.

5. If step 4 didn't worked, you can go to your device manufacturer's website and download latest audio drivers for your system model and install them.

6. If it is less than 10 days for your upgrade to V1909, go to Settings app > Update & Security > Recovery > Go back to previous version of Windows 10 > click Get started. Follow on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2020 Views 18,041 Applies to: