Some applications may crash after installing Windows Update KB3132372

On Dec 28th, 2015 Adobe released a security update for Adobe Flash Player to address what they describe as “critical vulnerabilities” that allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.  Microsoft released security advisory 2755801 and security update KB3132372 to make the updated Adobe Flash Player available to all users.

Adobe and Microsoft are aware of reports of some application crashes after installing this update and are researching this problem.  We will post additional information in this thread and in KB3132372 under the More Information section.

Microsoft does not recommend uninstalling KB3132372 as has been suggested in several forum posts and we don’t recommend blocking the update from installing.  Both of these steps would leave any system that is connected to the internet vulnerable to the exploit detailed by Adobe and Microsoft.

Update (1/5/16) - On January 5th, Microsoft released an update (KB3133431) for Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. The update addresses some application compatibility issues introduced in update KB3132372 as well as the vulnerabilities described in Adobe Security bulletin APSB16-01. For more information about this update, including download links, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 3133431.  For Windows 10 users, both this update and update KB3132372 will be offered and installed.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 14, 2019 Views 6,072 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

So what do I do about getting my E-mail until you two figure out a fix?  I use Incredimail and their site says they are working on the problem too.       
Considering one of the several applications affected by this I use is my software controlling the pump and fan on my liquid cpu cooler I have opted for uninstalling. Putting my pc security at risk or burn up $200..... I'll reinstall once you fix it.
I was wrong on one thing--I am getting e-mails--which is a relief.  sTILL HAVE NO CLOCK/STATUS WINDOW. tRIED THE WORK AROUND THAT im SUGGESTED--NO JOY.

On Dec 28th, 2015 Adobe released a security update for Adobe Flash Player to address what they describe as “critical vulnerabilities” that allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.  Microsoft released security advisory 2755801 and security update KB3132372 to make the updated Adobe Flash Player available to all users.

Adobe and Microsoft are aware of reports of some application crashes after installing this update and are researching this problem.  We will post additional information in this thread and in KB3132372 under the More Information section.

Microsoft does not recommend uninstalling KB3132372 as has been suggested in several forum posts and we don’t recommend blocking the update from installing.  Both of these steps would leave any system that is connected to the internet vulnerable to the exploit detailed by Adobe and Microsoft.

Both Adobe and Microsoft are investigating the reported problems and Microsoft is awaiting a solution from Adobe that does not place users at greater risk.

How do i access "More Information section"  please ???   

Suddenly, Windows store and calculator stopped working. I wondered why they stopped working. I do not know what else stopped working because I did not check the other apps. Now I know the reason. I have the Adobe flash player update. I had to do a re-register of applications using powershell and

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

command together with a restart to make Windows store and calculator work again.

Happy new year.

*** End of Post ***

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind.
Looks like I am going to dump windows 10. trying restoring to earlier date and that fixes the problem for about  an hour and then it is back. I should have a choice of deleting this up grade so my software works but Microsoft has made it to difficult to control your own computer any more. It is mine I should have a choice Windows 7 was great windows 8 and 10 suck. would have kept 10 but when my software quits working I am pretty much done. All worked until December 30 update and I have no patience with this. This is Windows fault not Incredimails.
I know that Microsoft doesn't advise uninstalling this, but it's costing me more than it's probably benefiting me, how would I uninstall this update?

Ever since the update my start menu and the Windows key that brings up the Start Menu doesn't work.  I can't open the Notification Center and some icons are missing on the bottom bar.  I even tried restoring to an earlier restore point and that hasn't worked either.  

I can't access 99 percent of my programs and apps.  The only things I can use is whatever shortcuts I have on my desktop or through the file explorer.  I'm only able to use that because it is one of the few icons left on the bottom bar.

When is the update to fix the update coming out?  I'd rather have a way to uninstall the update and let my anti-virus software take care of Adobe.

Considering one of the several applications affected by this I use is my software controlling the pump and fan on my liquid cpu cooler I have opted for uninstalling. Putting my pc security at risk or burn up $200..... I'll reinstall once you fix it.

Is there a way to turn off updates on the regular Windows 10?  

Try this solution.  This was copied from an HP Forum.

Enter "View Installed Updates" in the Windows search bar.  It will show an option in the Control Panel.

Click on the shown option.

Select the "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3132372)" and an Uninstall option will appear next to the Organize dropdown.

Click on Uninstall and work through any prompts.

Once uninstalled, the HP Solution Center should work.

Hope that helps.

Flivvertoo