Red exclamation mark on window 10 update icon

Respectfully, I have faced this problem since I have downloaded window 10 version 1803 over two weeks ago, in this sense, after downloading an available update; after that it is installed demanding to restart the PC, an red exclamation mark appears in window update, its simile one is attached with this post, over two weeks ago, after restating the PC, my PC remained in "restarting" for hours as I had to reinstall my window 10 again having a nerve war, yesterday in my second PC having a new update( KB4100403) I had the same above Red Exclamation problem, but, this time first I hide the update; I lunched the update troubleshooting and then I restarted the PC and then I discovered that the update installed successfully!!!without having any problem like two weeks ago, I would like to know what is the above Red Exclamation on window  update?! which I did not have in previous version of the window 10, thanking you. 
it is simply indicating that it requires a restart to finish installing the updates
you may see a yellow exclamation mark when updates are available but are yet to be downloaded

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your explanation.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Today I had a update KB 4100403 in connection with my First PC, the window update carried out all the process but at restarting window told that it can not install it and then it told to cancel the update, after restarting the PC I had to hide the above update and deleting all folders in C/Windows/SoftwareDistribuition/ downloads (the same also happened for the KB 4103721) the screenshots here, but window update works normally, the PC has not any problem working well, thanking you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Respectfully, I discovered, after restarting PC, the same update(KB 4100403) which was failed to be installed by the window update and I had had to hide it, has been installed successfully!!!!! the screenshots is as following, exactly the same happened in connection with my second PC, since I have installed the window 10 version 1803(last version 10 April), both of my PC have been confronted with such problems and reinstalling the window 10 is absolutely useless, thanking you. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is to explain that during the above process, the window update restarted my PC for two times telling," The update can not be complete, undo change, do not turn off the computer".  As I told above, since installing window 10 version 1803, I have faced such problems, before in connection with other version of window 10 I did not have such problems, in both of my PCs.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2023 Views 6,874 Applies to: