Package KB3176934 failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x800f0922 configuring windows failed, undoing changes

What's wrong with windows updates to windows 10 always there are issues.

the latest one is KB3176934 everytime windows try to install it, then after restart configuring windows reaches 71% then progresses very slowly then at around 98% it restarts and starts undoing the changes. 

event viewer shows: Package KB3176934 failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x800f0922

also why view more help about event is broken? it takes me to microsoft site but ms site doesn't show help just the main support page with url containing the information about the event.

Anyway I'm looking for help to install this. I tried to install it directly by downloading it from windowsupdate site and same issue.

running troubleshooting on windows update finds problems, fixes it then same issue. 

It shows: repair windows update database corruption and repair windows update components. 

I have deleted the contents of update folder distribution and catroot2 as described on numerous articles and often here.

any suggestion, what is even  0x800f0922?  when I search I only find old info about .net framework 3.5

|

Mine sticks at 19%. If you browse these forums you'll see dozens of threads on the same thing with hundreds of people experiencing the same issue.

See this thread and this thread.

You could try following the instructions MSBots have suggested, but to my knowledge there is no confirmed fix... However, some people have had luck with reinstalling Windows.

Let us know how you get on.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes there are a lot of problems.  I don't think the same exact issue though.  can you please check your event viewer logs? do you see the same error number?

I'm not even in luck to get one of those bots haha

I want to get damn windows 10 to work normal.  the stupid thing is how windows 10 immediately tries again to install the same failed update.  can't the people at MS think more logically or give us back the control over update if they can be so incompetent to not think about the logic of trying to install a failed update countless times.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For time being, I've disabled window update service. I'd tried all suggested methods, they didn't work. Worse part is the previous update KB3176495 which has same issue but it decided to work for unknown reason, now that update will trigger the same error code upon uninstalling.

If this shenanigan continues, i might consider reinstalling a fresh win7.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, my error is error 0x80246013.

Nope, no MSbot for you. Sorry.

Yeah, it's frustrating that they haven't kept the old update process as a back up. Packing it all in one update is great providing that the update doesn't randomly fail.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried everything as well. Disabling updates

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 6, 2020 Views 1,833 Applies to: