Minecraft Re-Installation Issue

So I got Minecraft java on a prepaid card for my birthday like in 2011-2012. I used to play on a laptop and it worked fine. I then got a virus on said laptop and I stopped playing on it because on the virus. This laptop was factory reset to Windows 7 a few days ago by the Toshiba recovery disk. Fast forward to now, I have a new laptop and I’m trying to re-install Minecraft, but Microsoft and Mojang say I have to buy the game, but I already bought it using the prepaid card in like 2011-2012. Is there anyway I could get my Minecraft back after all of this? I really want to play especially since we’re in quarantine for a while.

Hi Ma'Nya,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Minecraft.

The Minecraft on Windows 10 is the Bedrock Edition which is different from what you had before which was the Java Edition. Players who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. You may access this link for more information on how you can redeem your free Minecraft Bedrock Edition. https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/36...

I hope the information I provided will help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Wilfred P.
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 12, 2020 Views 18 Applies to: