Microsoft wants to know - Anyone seeing issues with the April updates KB3147461 and KB3147458?

Hi folks!

It's Patch Tuesday again, and I thought I'd drop by with a request for help. If you're seeing any issues with the April updates (KB3147461 if you have the original version of Windows 10 and KB3147458 if you have the November Update installed) I'd like to hear about them.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for the next few days, so if you're seeing problems please post a reply and let me know.

Thanks in advance!

John W [MSFT]

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I had a similar problem (the clock would lose time) back when I was Win 8.1, & found the following fix in some thread back then. Well, first ensure you are set to the correct time zone, at "R-Clk Clock in Taskbar, select Adjust Date/Time". If not, fix that. Next, scroll down & click "Additional date, time, & regional settings" to get into the Control Panel. Then click "Set the time & date", & at the "Internet Time" tab, click the "Change Settings" button. Finally, switch to another server & hit "Update Now" for one that works. But that was strictly temporary for me. So...

WARNING: Careful in Regedit - it could make the computer unbootable. But...

Check the "permissions" of the following registry keys...

(1) "R-Clk START, Run, type 'RegEdit', click OK".

(2) Get to each of these keys in turn...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DateTime

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DateTime\Servers

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time

(3) R-Clk the final portion of each key (e.g., DateTime) in the left pane, & select "Permissions".

Does each have at least the bottom 3 of these 5 group or user names...?...

If not, add them this way...

(4) Hit the Add button.

(5) Type "System" or "Administrators" or "Users" into the box (whichever is missing), & click "Check names".

Of those three, only System & Administrators have full control.

(6) Finally, click "OK".

That did it for me. Now, my clock is always just right. But be careful in the registry!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Hi folks!

It's Patch Tuesday again, and I thought I'd drop by with a request for help. If you're seeing any issues with the April updates (KB3147461 if you have the original version of Windows 10 and KB3147458 if you have the November Update installed) I'd like to hear about them.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for the next few days, so if you're seeing problems please post a reply and let me know.

Thanks in advance!

John W [MSF

Dell PC stuck in constant restart since this morning, now 8 hours running.  Happened after Microsoft Edge died (again), then Start died (first time that's happened) and the PC was restarted to try to clear it. Turning auto updates off on my little Asus, sick of the bugs.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

This may not be useful but! Some time ago I had update problems with Windows 7. My user account became corrupted. The first piece of advice given to me by one of the moderators was to switch off any third party anti virus software that was installed prior to purchasing my PC. This type of PC protection sometimes can block updates. I completely uninstalled mine and since only use MS Defender which does the job.

I used Windows 7 for years and was very reluctant to switch to W10 but I have not had any issues yet!

regards, Philip21

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I updated today 3 PCs that have Windows 10 November update. At 2 of them all the three updates installed successfully, at one of them two updates did, but KB3147458 fails to install and keeps rolling back the changes. I already tried to install it 4 times and it failed each time. Any way to fix this?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

KB3147458 installed yesterday. Can't access store or notifications. Start menu not working. Keep getting "Critical Error". Have tried  sfc /scannow which shows all ok. Have restarted several times. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same. Had to hide the update for now.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After the update and some hours of using it, the computer froze and crashed. Restarting ended in a blue screen and the message that ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrupt, Error code 0xc00000e9 and the computer is not doing anything anymore. I don't have a Windoes 10 recovery CD (well I have one but doesn't seem to work). Where can I get a Windoes 10 disk to reinstall the OS?

Thanks for your help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

can't defrag hard drive say 4% HAVE DONE IT ABOUT 5 TIMES . update kb3147458, kb3140741,

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Me too! As QwinnEPE says, since August 2015. When is MS going to bother getting around to sorting this out for the thousands of Nvidia users out there???!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

as I said before after yesterday's update KB3147458 there were over 15 new errors but most stopped after four restarts now this morning five are back and computer had trouble sleeping last night it woke after a security scan then got stuck went to a blue screen and stayed that way till this morning, I attached errors that came back early this morning I guess that's when blue screen occurred.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated January 17, 2021 Views 37,635 Applies to: