Microsoft Update KB4013429 destroys Adobe Photoshop CS4 - How can we prevent it installing?

It's not in the known faults list, but the Microsoft update KB4013429 completely destroys Adobe Photoshop CS4 both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, reducing them to a crawl where mouse clicks take upwards of 30 seconds to respond where they would normally do so in less than a second.

1. How do you report these issues to Microsoft? It's extremely hard to find any way to give feedback or contact them

2. How do I block the update so it doesn't come back after uninstalling? I have tried the Microsoft 'Hide Updates troubleshooter package' https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-windows-10 which is designed for that purpose but it isn't stopping the ones I hide from reinstalling.

Answer
Answer
I was having the same problems. Photoshop CS4 was working but painfully slowly; it was virtually unusable. Resetting the tools did not help. I did not reinstall the program, I just followed the instructions in the article and made the 32-bit version compatible with Windows XP, and it works great so far. I tried the same with the 64-bit version, but making it compatible with either Windows 7 or Windows 8 did NOT help.  Compatibility with Windows XP was not given as an option for the 64-bit version.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2021 Views 1,537 Applies to: