Microsoft - Printer - 6/22/2006 12:00:00 AM - 6.1.7233.1 - driver mutiple installs

Started November 5, 2020. This driver is being installed every few days through MS Update. Each install is successful. How do I stop the update since it is already installed? I have already read several forum questions on similar issues but nothing specific to Microsoft printer. I have had the system for over a year now and there are only 2 physical printers on it (Epson & Brother). The Epson is an old one that keeps on running but it uses a generic HP driver to function. Any ideas or fixes are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Answer
Answer
Hi RBS1722

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

The next time that update appears in the list, download the tool from the link below, run that, in the list of pending updates, select that update and click 'Hide' that will stop windows from attempting to install it:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi RBS1722, glad to Help!

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 7, 2021 Views 2,899 Applies to: