Keyboard issue after windows april's update (1803)

So before a week my laptop (Asus gl703vsk) automatically downloaded and installed the april's update. After a reboot my keyboard stopped working. I used the on screen keyboard to log in and to check the drivers of the keyboard but nothing. I also redownloaded the keyboard drivers and after installing them it didn't work. So i proceeded to recovery and i rolled over to the previous version and all was okay until windows automatically installed again the same update. I made the recovery because i had the problem and as soon as i rebooted to the previous version windows installed again the 1803 update. So i am now using an external keyboard. Is there a solution to fix my laptop keyboard or to stop windows from automatically updating?

Question Info

Last updated October 16, 2019 Views 2,496 Applies to:
I recommend trying to perform a clean boot in Windows. For clarification, a "clean boot" is unrelated to a complete reinstall of Windows, and a clean boot should not uninstall or delete any of your applications or personal files. Follow the instructions on this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135...
The article section "How to perform a clean boot" explains how to disable all background processes using the System Configuration application and disable all startup applications in Task Manager.

After starting your computer with a clean boot, if your PC's keyboard works as expected, please follow the instructions under the article section "How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot." If the clean boot does not help, let me know; there are other steps you can try.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your rensponse. I have tried your solution but it didn't fix my problem. After disabling all the services and all the startup items in task manager my keyboard stil doesn't works. What else can i try? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you know if you have the Home or Pro edition of Windows 10? To verify your PC, go to Settings > System > About, then check next to "Edition." For example, on my PC it says "Windows 10 Pro N."

If you have a Pro edition of Windows, you can defer Windows updates for a month, which will stop the PC from automatically updating to 1803. To defer updates, go to Settings > Updates and Security, then on the Windows Updates tab, select "Advanced options." From there you can choose to temporarily pause updates for 35 days.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately it's windows 10 home. I found a way to stop the update you can stop the windows update from the services. But the problem is that i cannot stay forever with this version i have to find a solution. Currently i am in the 1803 version and i am using an external keyboard. Should i stay with this version until i find a solution ? Or is better to roll back to 1709 version of windows 10?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is better to roll back to version 1709, because that version will still receive security updates for at least one year after the release of 1803.

Sorry this didn't help.

The only way i can stop windows from updating to 1803 is to stop windows update from services which means i will lost all the updates in the feature and also the security updates :/

Sorry this didn't help.

the same problem in a G702VM Strix Notebook the original driver fail and no reistalling

Sorry this didn't help.