KB4033637 fails to update

Split from this thread.

Hi Michelle,

I am also curious about KB4033637. Actually I am using windows 10 and it is continuously fails during updates. I read somewhere that updates are available offline as well. So I have started installation of updates in offline mode. Now this (KB4033637) is the latest one which is failing. So as I mentioned I am searching for an offline version but its not available.

Also my question is: Can a user have option to opt out for selected updates?

My windows version is: Version 1607(OS Build 14393.447).

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2019 Views 4,124 Applies to:

Hi Sourabh,

For us to assist you better, let us know if you are getting any error messages or codes when installing the KB4033637 update. If so, please send us a screenshot. In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically. You may download and run the troubleshooter from this link.

Regarding the second question, if you are using Windows 10 Home, there's currently no option to turn off Windows Updates, so as to keep your device always up-to-date, with the latest features and fixes. However, there's a way on how you can temporarily prevent a Windows update from reinstalling in Windows 10. For more information, you may check this link.

If you have further questions, feel free to contact us.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

bonjour ,

meme problème pour moi avec cette mise à jour kb 4033637 sur mon Windows 10 x64 pro build 1607 , l'installation se bloque au téléchargement à 45% de celle ci ,essayé de la relancer apres reboot plusieurs fois , mais meme constat au meme pourcentage de téléchargement

y aurait il une solution ?

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

AFAIK the update is not available for offline installation. It's not in Microsoft Update Cataloge

The best explanation I can offer today, what this update do, is contained within the following post: Windows 10 V1607: Mysterious Update KB4033637

If the update installation fails, something in Windows 10 is broken (perhaps third party antivirus tools are blocking).

Blogs: http://www.borncity.com/blog /(Ger) - and - http://borncity.com/win/ (EN)

Sorry this didn't help.