***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated August 14, 2018 Views 66,337 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Freddie,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

1. Are you able to boot into Desktop?

2. Do you get any error message when you try to load Windows?

If you are able to boot into the Windows 10 Desktop, perform the below methods to repair any damaged versions on Windows 10.

Method 1:

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption. The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to refer the below link on how to perform System File Checker and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If the issue persists, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to perform DISM commands to Repair corrupted files. Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin) (Enter if any credentials prompted).

2. Type the following command and try to repair corrupted files.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with this issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Thanks and regards.
T Kiran Kishore.
Forum Moderator OneDrive, Support Engineer.

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm getting this message shortly after windows turns off my monitors. I have it set to turn them off after 20 minutes. In less than a minute the screen comes on, goes blue and displays "It looks like Windows load correctly." I select restart and the system restarts just fine. I've run the SFC as shown above and it says "Windows did not find any integrity violations." 

This started shortly after I upgraded to Windows 10. 

Would appreciate any help you might provide.

Thanks.

UPDATE 08/20/2015: I solved the issue by turning off hybrid sleep. Because the problem happened when the computer put itself to sleep, I went to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings and selected "Change advanced power settings." I expanded Sleep, then Allow hybrid sleep and selected Off. This solved my problem. Note my problem only occurred when the computer put itself to sleep. It always booted up just fine.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Seems to be this is everytime i restart. this "recovery" error and "it looks like Windows didn't load correctly". I upgraded for free from Windows7 home to this "i hope its a better os- Windows 10" and i never had this problem before the upgrade. No wonder its free, not suprised. Please give is a fix, thank you

1188 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had the same issue on my new Dell.  Upgraded from Windows 8.1 right to 10 out of the box when I set it up this past Saturday. Started getting these Recovery message errors come Sunday, after I installed the software for my UPS. (I had installed other software prior, but hadn't seen the problem then.) When I tell it to boot Windows normally I can get it running without apparent problems.  The issue only appears after I've left the system on for a while, implying something to do with a standby mode or processes that only kick in while idle.
Found this article and tried the recommended steps, with no issues found.
Then tried disabling hybrid sleep, as suggested above.  That did not fix the issue for my either. I am getting ready to try one of the recovery options that is available, but I need to wait until the weekend to have the time to do it.

29 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Am having the same issues with upgrade from win7 to win10 stating windows didn't load properly and giving 2 options to review advance repair options or restart computer. Hit restart and comes right back to the blue screen

144 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have exactly the same problem, brand new Dell XPS and the issue only appears after I've left the system on for a while (and not every time).  It's driving me mad. 

I hit the re-start key and it works again.  Not a proper solution Microsoft.

Have just run SFC /scannow and it found problems it repaired - so lets wait and see..

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi everyone.

I have the same problem. Brand new Dell XPS 8700 as well. Updated Win 8.1 to 10 right out of the box. It only started to act up a couple of days ago (maybe after installing updates?!?! who knows...)

Tried SFC, it found corrupt files but unable to repair. Running DISM at the moment so I'll wait and see...

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

UPDATE 10/13/2015: Well my solution of turning off hybrid sleep seemed to work for a while, but the issue started back up. The problem seemed to occur after the computer turned the monitors off but before the computer put itself to sleep. (I had screens off after 10 minutes and computer to sleep after 20 minutes.) I synced the times, both off after ten minutes. This seems to be working. (Here's hoping) It doesn't fix the problem but so far seems to be a temporary solution.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

SFC didn't cure the problem - it keeps happening on an ad-hoc basis.

I've just made Screen & Sleep mode both 10 mins - as per your suggestion so fingers crossed!

Come on Microsoft - sort this out!!

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been getting the "it looks like windows didn't load correctly" error now since my upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I have a one year old Dell XPS desktop. Not happy. Restarting continuously is a major pain.

Is Microsoft working on this?

Does anyone have a fix that actually works yet?

I have tried everything on this site I could find to no avail.

35 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.