Is there a Windows Installer Cleanup utility for Windows 10?

Background: I've used the MKS Tooklit for Windows since Windows 3.1. When I upgraded my 8.1 system to Windows 10 Pro, the toolkit stopped working. It turned out a new version had to released for Windows 10. When the new version was released and I went to install it, the installation failed. The installer thought that that I had an old Toolkit version installed, but that was not true. Previously I'd removed it using the Windows Program and Features utility in the Control Panel.

I've been working with MKS to get this resolved, and they now believe the error is in the Windows Update utility's data base. They directed my to try the Windows Installer Cleanup utility to see if that would repair the problem.

I've been searching for such an animal, but it seems as if it was last available for Windows 7. Is there something I can use on Windows 10 Pro?

Is there some other way this problem can be repaired?

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2019 Views 158,419 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Looks like FixIt now works on Windows 10. I just ran it and it solved my issues! 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed 

Hope this helps someone else. It certainly helped me. 

319 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate your feedback and will work on it. Microsoft retired the Windows Installer CleanUp utility on June 25, 2010, due to conflicts with Office 2007.The Microsoft Fix It at http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/ replaced it. But the fixit is only available for Windows 7 and Windows 8.

I suggest you to give your valuable feedback on Windows 10 feedback app.

Thank you.

227 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.