Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed please check the event log for details

hello,

i need help to get into my PC. I am getting the sign-in process initialization failure. I have rebooted the computer several times, still getting the same message. Click on OK and it locks my computer screen. i unplug the computer and replugged still getting error.

how can i fix from my laptop?

Hi Faith,

My name is Jocelyn, an independent advisor and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I'll be glad to help you today.

Have you tried signing into Safe mode?

To boot in Safe mode:

1. Press the Shift key and don’t release, and click the Power icon at the bottom-right and choose Restart.
2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or press F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or press F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

If it doesn't work in Safe mode try to perform a Startup Repair. In the Advanced options, click the Startup Repair button. Select your account and type your account password and then click the Continue button.
Let the windows finish its job and check if you can log in again.

Hopefully, this would help you in resolving your sign-in issue.

Best,
Jocelyn

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2024 Views 3,547 Applies to: