How to Update to Version 1909

When I try to update my Windows version to 1909 in "Check for Updates," it fails to update and tells me to try restarting every time. I've tried many solutions listed on the website as well as third party website and video solutions, but nothing is working. The Windows 10 Update Assistant tool that also attempts to install the latest version (I want to use the XBOX Beta App) tells me that I am compatible for the update, but it also does not run and gives me the error code: 0xc1900107

Examples of what I've tried:

-Restarting my PC

-Attempting to factory reset but this does not work (runs into an error when attempting to do so)

-Troubleshoot (says no issues)

-Update Drivers (all up to date)

-Command Prompt checks (enabling and disabling, something about cat, etc.)

-Much more but I can't remember off the top of my head

Does anyone know how to update, because I really want to download the XBOX Beta App, but it requires the latest version of Windows. I've been trying all day to fix this (literally), and nothing is working. I appreciate any and all help!

Hi ChedsZ,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you.

You may try to use the update assistant which you can download on this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445. If that didn't work, one of the most effective ways to update to 1909 is to use the ISO file for Windows 10 1909 version. Kindly follow the instruction provided by DaveM121 on this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for....

You may also choose to wait for version 2004 which will Microsoft release before the end of May.

If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Wilfred P.
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This appears when I tried the ISO file for Windows 10 1909 Version and followed DaveM121's steps. I already tried the Update Assist yesterday, but I re-downloaded and tried it again, only to receive the same error code listed originally and that I should reboot my PC and try again. I worry that, if I'm not able to update now, I won't ever be able to update to any version beyond my current one (1809). I really want the latest version to play the XBOX Beta App. Do you know of any solutions? 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

- bump - no one has replied since the previous one

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2021 Views 2,524 Applies to: