Service registration is missing or corrupt, Type NET HELPMSG 2182.
Hello, I have been following this problem on this site for a couple months now unsuccessfully trying the numerous suggested troubleshooting methods to fix this issue. The following was my last effort, and it did NOT work.
I would like to inform you that this issue may occur due to Windows update is corrupt. I would recommend you to reset the windows update component manually. Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates quickly. Follow the below steps:
1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.
Note: Disable anti-virus program while installing Windows updates, if might detect some files as bug and the updates files might get corrupt during installation.
NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.