Forced Windows 10 update!

I was forced (by Microsoft) to update to Windows 10! I have become very familiar with the new BSOD! Unfortunately my computer is now useless. I have tried rebooting. Disconnecting the power source and removing the battery/installing the battery and attempting to reboot all to no avail! I NEED my computer ASAP! What do I have to do?

Question Info

Last updated January 19, 2018 Views 383 Applies to:

Win10 was offered to your computer because you installed the prerequisite updates (including KB3035583).

That being said, have you tried rolling back to your previous Windows version? See http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4097-windows-10-go-back-previous-windows.html

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Roll back was successful on the second attempt.  The update process crashed before the roll-back could be completed on the first attempt!

Sorry this didn't help.

Very good.

Are you running Windows 8.1 or WIndows 7 SP1 now?

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Sorry this didn't help.

Currently running 7 w/SP1.

Was getting BSOD when pop-up window for AMD graphics chip was requesting action.  Never got the chance to read what it was asking for!  Maybe coincidental but that was the timing nonetheless!

Sorry this didn't help.

[ignored so deleted]

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey all 

I have had a similar issue, however while I was completing university work. All of my work was lost and now I am having to starts again. 

Personally i I am disgusted with Microsoft. I have closed and rejected the update a many of times, been quite happy with 7. This update has lost over 40 hours of work. Was not requested and has caused me a significant amount of emotional distress. 

I feel Microsoft should be held accountable for this disruption to a already highly stressful time. My privacy has been violated and I am not happy at all. 

Thanks for for nothing Microsoft.

Regards 

A very disappointed customer, who is even more disappointed with the poor standard or help available to those afflicted by windows 10. 

a highly 

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 10 has upgraded its self to my laptop now I cant even get into it, It is an old one but never  have I had a  problem I am going to have to buy a new laptop NOT HAPPY Micorsoft and yes I think they should be accountable for this mess Grr!! NOT MADE OFF MONEY.

Sorry this didn't help.

you should get a lawyer and sue Microsoft.  they should not be forcing anyone to update.  this is a shame!!! that is why this will be THE LAST MICROSOFT PRODUCT I WILL EVER USE.  I spent hours reversing the windows 10 update because it is NOT compatible with many of the special hardware and software I use.  I also lost money because of this forced (automatic) update.  it should be illegal for a company to automatically update your operating system.  yes, it is free, but YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.  I am now using Apple for all of my business projects because Microsoft cannot be trusted.  I cannot leave my system on because it continues to update to windows 10 which I do not want!!!  I don't have problems like this with apple.  the next time you decide to put out a new operating system, try using the rules that we use in the United States.  DON'T FORCE US!!!

Sorry this didn't help.