Fonts Missing After Windows 10 Update

Why did I lose certain fonts in Excel and Word after upgrading to Windows 10? Is there any way to get them back? If so, how?? If not, is there a way to uninstall Windows 10? All of my Documents and Spreadsheets are messed up now because the font I use is gone...I would rather uninstall Windows 10 than update all of my work...Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Question Info

Last updated October 18, 2018 Views 30,802 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, RoyPhilips1

You'll have to provide more info. I just installed the set of 18 Raleway fonts and they work as expected for me on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709, build 16299.431). I can select any of the fonts in Notepad or in Word, for example.

Do you see all you the Raleway fonts you expect in Notepad? What apps are you using that don't show all the styles you expect?

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Although installed and visible in "Fonts" variants of a font are not available to use in text docs or programs using text. eg Raleway is only showing in one form whilst Bold, Extra-bold etc do not appear for selection, Everything was fine in WIN 7. Why won't they display?

Sorry this didn't help.

It was an update problem. Microsoft tech support uninstalled and reinstalled my office 365 and now it is working.

I do not know how to contact the Microsoft Tech. Please provide me the telephone.

Thanks.

Virinder

Yes on reinstalling the Word 365, it works.

Sorry this didn't help.

It was an update problem. Microsoft tech support uninstalled and reinstalled my office 365 and now it is working.

I do not know how to contact the Microsoft Tech. Please provide me the telephone.

Thanks.

Virinder

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. Understand the frustration when things won’t work the way it is supposed to.

I would like to ask you some questions in order to assist you better.

1. The font that is missing, is it part of Windows or separately purchased for Office?
  2. Can you check if the font is available in Wordpad or Notepad, as in Non-Office applications?
  3. Which version of Microsoft Office are you using?

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

1.Separately purchased.

2. available.

3. 365

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, and remember how you did it and keep a back up of it handy for when you will need to do it again after the next 'update'

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Priscilla

That font does not come with Windows. You must have obtained it from some other source. If you can obtain another copy, it's easy to install a font in Windows: in File Explorer, right-click on the .ttf file and select "Install".

Sorry this didn't help.

Recently the hard drive on my computer was replaced and windows 10 was installed.  Prior to that, I had been using windows 7 and on windows 7 had used the font "ar decode".  It was disappointing to find this font is not available on windows 10 as I really liked it.  Is there a way to install it on windows 10?  Thank you for you assistance in this matter.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks again.  Priscilla

Nice Font Priscilla, looks like a nice font for wedding invitations and the like, it must have been installed by you or someone else on your old system at some stage, I doubt it would have come with win 7.

I just Googled the font name and there are quite a few places you can get it.

You'll have to download it from one of those sites and install it into your windows font folder, it's pretty straight forward and these days you just click the instal button up the top, you don't even have to navigate to any font folders or windows folders.

If I were you I'd keep a copy of every font you instal, because the day will come when you will have to re-install them and if they are no longer in the Windows font folder then you'll have to remember all their names and get them all over again.  Keep them all in a backup folder somewhere in your hard drive.  Or if you're lazy like me just leave them in the downloads folder where they already are.  When the next windows update comes along and decides that it's gonna remove your installed fonts you can simply go to your font folder (the backup one) and re install them into the windows font folder.  This is the only way you're gonna be able to get through this without frustration!

You can't rely on Microsoft ever fixing this and I wouldn't trust them even if they said it was fixed.

It's the first time any version of windows has messed with our font folders so much.

In the old days if you installed a font it stayed there in the font folder for the life of the pc or until you wipe windows. Now the fonts YOU installed can just disappear whenever they feel like it and you will get no warning. Another super convenient feature of win10 that probably wastes millions of dollars in lost productive hours each year in businesses worldwide.

Especially if people aren't too familiar with fonts and how they work, they then have to do hours of research on forums like this just to figure out what's going on or if it can easily be fixed. Gotta love the modern world we live in. We all have to become tech gurus just to use a friggin font!

Sorry this didn't help.

Recently the hard drive on my computer was replaced and windows 10 was installed.  Prior to that, I had been using windows 7 and on windows 7 had used the font "ar decode".  It was disappointing to find this font is not available on windows 10 as I really liked it.  Is there a way to install it on windows 10?  Thank you for you assistance in this matter.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks again.  Priscilla

Sorry this didn't help.