Fall Creators Update issues/problems

This isn't a question really, just an observation of how my upgrade to the Fall Creator's update went.  Maybe it will help someone else down the line.  The update went well (mostly) on all four of my PCs, except for two issues which occurred on all four. 

First, the update changed my network settings.  On 2 PCs it changed from private to public networks.  On the other two it kept them as private but changed some of the advanced sharing settings.  I had to reconfigure all four PCs in order to get my network running properly again.

Second, on all four PCs, it changed my sleep/hibernate settings. I had disabled hibernate on all four; it enabled hibernate on all four so I had to change it back.

I didn't lose anything, everything works.  It just fiddled with some settings causing me minor headaches to put everything back the way I had it.  Why, I ask?  Surely it could have kept those settings as well; it kept all the other settings for my configuration.  

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for sharing your experience.  With mine, I too had some issues.  Now my laptop every time I turn it on just shuts down or tries to go into hibernate mode when I turn it on again but then does boot up.  Frustrating.  Thanks, I'll check both those settings as well as my network ones & see if it helps after reading your post.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 52 Applies to: