BSOD - error 0xc0000225 Win 10 after Creators Fall WU last week.

Creators Fall auto-installed overnight and on power-up this morning I was greeted with a BSOD and this message:

Screen 1:

:(   

"Your PC ran into problem and needs to restart. We'll restart it for you."

Below that was the square barcode for mobiles & below that

"If you call a Support person, give them this info

Stop Code 0xc0000225 Inaccessible Device"

Screen 2:

"RECOVERY. Your PC couldn't start properly. A Required Device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

You'll need recovery tools. If you don't have installation media device like a disk or USB contact PC Administrator or PC manufacturer

Press Enter - Try again

Press F8 for Start-up Settings

Press ESC for UEFI Firmware Settings."

On one of the screens was a message "For more information about this issue go to www.windows.com/stopcode"

Fortunately I bought a cheap bottom of the range laptop for such an occasion, which I'm using at the moment. I used it to visit that site and in para 4 it gave two options, one for Win10 1607 and the other for Win10 1511 (No mention of 1703, by the way) I followed 1511 and it told me to select Option 5 on F8 Start-Up Settings as above, then F5 Enable Safe Mode with Networking. That would enable me to go to my Settings>Updates>Update History and select Uninstall Updates. But it doesn't - it shows the HP logo and does nothing else.

So what I should I do now, please?

Edited TITLE -  8AM 25th October. I am not blaming the WU for the problem - it may have been cause by corrupt data or a missing OEM driver update.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Question Info

Last updated August 29, 2019 Views 1,307 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

"I went with #1 but this failed" -> go with No.2

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

"because these people will have the right installation discs for the make and model of computer you want repaired" - You have ava the best installation disks - the Win10 Media Creation Tool, from Microsoft!.... Free

A clean install (removing all partitions, including your now out of date recovery partition) will resolve many, if not all of your problems (and/or help you identify hardware issues, if they are a contributing cause).  Backup the recovery partition with the MFG tool to an external media, if you really want to keep it.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.