Use Advanced Startup as well to repair any Windows system files that might be causing for the update to fail.
1. Open Settings
2. Select Update & Security
3. Click the Recovery tab.
4. Look for Advanced Startup then hit Restart now.
5. Once restarted, click Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair.
6. Let it complete the process and see if Windows will be repaired.
**Repair Windows using an installation media:
As a last resort, use an installation media and use the Windows Repair feature to repair your copy of Windows.
https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win... 1. Click the "Download tool now" button.
2. Once downloaded run the MediaCreationTool2004.exe file.
3. Accept the terms.
4. Select Create an installation media, then hit Next.
5. Proceed with the prompts.
Once the installation media is created, double click on the file then on the Windows Setup screen, click on Repair your computer.
I hope this helps.
23 people found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.