Error 0x8007000d installing windows updates

2020-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4592438)

It fails every single time. I've gone through several potential fixes with no luck. Error code: (0x8007000d)

Original Title : Latest Windows Cumulative Update Errors

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My method above should handle these errors as well. I had seen these codes as well during my repair.

I do hope that this helps you, Daniel.

Joshua "Jay Prowaves" Landerfelt"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings @MojoBoingo,

No chance that your name was a reference to the group "Oingo Boingo" by chance? LOL! Anyways, this is the solution that had helped me with the issues with all dealings with the entire featured update "2021-02 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4601382)". Might I add that this specific situation had spun me into a world of pissed off that I had never experienced in my life, as it had also caused my drives to fail and corrupt & had also been a job for me in the span of over 6 days. In other words, I had to Nuke everything with DBAN, short for Dariks Boot and Nuke. The name explains everything, no need for any jibber-jabber: https://dban.org/. "READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY! I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT PAY ATTENTION OR READ" "IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS"

Working to repair the corrupted partitions of the featured update is messy, and is not guaranteed to work. So, since the DBAN has to be run from startup & booted through the BIOS and requires many hours, let it run to ensure a clean installation. Once everything has been wiped, please ensure that your Windows .ISO is on an ultra thumb drive and has been set as a bootable device & inserted into your most direct 3.0 USB slot. My mobo has a dedicated BIOS USB slot on it, I tend to use this for any type of system install, Windows/Drivers, etc. Boot this from the BIOS and reinstall everything to your desired drives. Ensure to delete and not format any drives when reinstalling Windows, as formatting will cause the drives to lose their readable volumes.

Be careful when back up and running, and prior to any updates, do this:

Follow these steps to stop Windows 10 updates: Fire up the Run command ( Win + R ). Type in “services. msc” and hit Enter. Select the Windows Update service from the Services list. Click on the “General” tab and change the “Startup Type” to “Manual or Disable”. Restart your machine.

Then check periodically for updates for the failed feature update, without going to that failed feature update. Microsoft should remove these damaging updates.

Hope this helps! I'm nobody special but an old geek LOL!

****Specs****

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4007, 12/8/2020

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II

Platform Role Desktop

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 25.1 GB

Total Virtual Memory 36.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 24.6 GB

Page File Space 5.00 GB

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

ok, found the solution...uninstall windows reality ( VR )

It appears the reason is Windows Mixed Reality...

To install the Windows 10 update:

Open Settings (WIN+I)

Click Windows Mixed Reality

Select Uninstall

Reboot

Open Settings (WIN+I)

Select Windows Updates

I "uininstalled" mixed reality but didn't actually go into settings and uninstall it. Once I went into settings and uninstalled Mixed Reality I was able to update!!! Thank you so much for this suggestion!!!!!! I have been screwing around with this for the past 3 days.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If everything were so simple, then Microsoft would already recommend this method. Removing Mixed Reality does not help me, like many others. I didn't have it installed at all. I even installed it on purpose, rebooted and then uninstalled and rebooted again. Result: still no updates. Everywhere error 0x8007000d, and no other updates are installed (except for the antivirus). And in the support service of my licensed operating system, Windows continues to talk about a clean reinstallation of the system. Why would I do this ?! 😣 Why doesn't Microsoft want to solve this?

Yours faithfully

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That method has helped numerous people including me and was suggested in another forum. So like everything there are so many different hardware combinations that while it may work for me and others it may not work for all . And lets face it, that suggestion has helped so many more than what Microsoft have managed

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is probably the best advice. Disable the Windows update service and check manually. It cleared this bugged update. I wonder if VR in general is part of this. I have a lot of VR stuff and the VR mixed reality post gets me thinking.

In any case, this is a PIA bug.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Since december 2020, 0x8007000d error are displayed only when security updates are performed. 

Other updates are ok ( ms anti virus  drivers and so on...). 

sfc/repair/... and other procedure are unsuccessul. 

So I decide to reinstall windows from scratch. 

What a surprise ! The reinstallation ca'nt be done because boot disk was set to uefi not bios.

Perhaps a good idea to check uefi/bios/boot disk setting before ....

Bonne journée/Enjoy your day !

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Everything. I have reinstalled windows. Clean reinstall. Error 0x8007000d has

been fixed. Only one way. Alas.

Yours faithfully

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is probably the best advice. Disable the Windows update service and check manually. It cleared this bugged update. I wonder if VR in general is part of this. I have a lot of VR stuff and the VR mixed reality post gets me thinking.

In any case, this is a PIA bug.

Thank you for your response :) I am so happy to see that this had helped you! This should take a lot of the headaches out of continuously trying to make a corrupted update take to the OS... We all know that this was a major forehead smack for Microsoft! This will always be my go to method of fixing corrupt microsoft OS's

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been dealing with this issue for about 2 weeks, following an inplace upgrade to fix a botched upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate.

I was to the point of tearing my hair out from the aggravation. I had seen this thread, and followed all the steps in trouble shooting, but like some of the other posters, ignored the steps proposed by Cytraveler on Pg.1 of this thread. after discovering that windows setup was no longer letting me do a repair install (inplace upgrade), i decided to use Windows sandbox to view those links. apparently there was an issue with 19041.6xx and 19042.6xx that actually broke windows ability to perform repair installs. I looked at my windows current version, and sure enough it was 19042.631. it was in the range of the broken version. not sure why windows setup had done this too me, as i was previously running 19042.9xx. but since i had already downloaded KB5001391 (april cum update) as part of my trouble shooting,  I opened up 7-ZIP and extracted the files to a temp directory (C:\tmp). then I opened up an Admin CMD prompt and navigated to where i had extracted those files to.

then i ran this command: "dism /online /add-package:.\Windows10.0-KB5001391-x64.cab" . Windows is currently adding the updated packages to windows. the fact it didn't error out when it tried to add the updates is very promising. once the update is installed, the ability to perform repair installs should be fixed as well.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 23, 2021 Views 15,929 Applies to: