Error 0x8007000d installing windows updates

2020-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4592438)

It fails every single time. I've gone through several potential fixes with no luck. Error code: (0x8007000d)

Original Title : Latest Windows Cumulative Update Errors

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Still not working. I believe this one failed update is now preventing me from getting others as well.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Have tried numerous times and it's clear to me that this is a Microsoft bug and they should fix it ASAP instead of giving us stupid workarounds.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues installing Windows updates on your PC. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.  

• Are you able to install other windows updates or do you have issues only with installing KB4592438?

• What is the make and model of the PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:  Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and check if you are able to install Widows updates.

Method 2: Clean boot

Try booting your PC in clean boot and attempt to install Windows updates. Refer to the article on How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:  Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Also, you may not be able to use some programs in clean boot. 

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Method 3: If the update has failed to installed, you may download and install the update manually by accessing the Microsoft Update Catalog and typing in the KB article number of the failed update.

Method 4: Reset Windows update components in Windows

I suggest you Reset Windows update components in Windows  and check if you are able to install Widows updates.

Method 5: Fix Windows Update errors

I suggest you refer and follow the suggestion on how to Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: Before performing chkdsk, please backup the Data. While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Note: Please ignore the suggestions for “Perform a clean installation of Windows 10” from the above article.

Hope it helps.

Last failed install attempt on ‎2021-‎02-‎25 - 0x8007000d

min clean Boot has Nothing to do with why just the min help it's become a recurring error

2021-02 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4601382)

the last 2 Updates have failed

A more aggressive fix might be to open command prompt (admin) and copy and paste all these in , one shot will work usually.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

Del C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat

Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak

Ren C:\Windows\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

after a reboot delete;

Del c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution.bak

Del c:\windows\system32\catroot2.bak

~

the Built-in Trouble shooter when it can't even fix or recomend's for a brand new computer i went to HP they went on my computer the patch tues came and went for the first a week ago Microsoft didn't fix it

and now this latest Optional failed to

No one On these Modorator web sites have the Proper fix there Just Guessing .

I hear you same having the same problems It's leaving my version of windows at that was the Last version Up date it keep repeating some Updates over and over , it need's to go past yes I del everything in the windows temp folder over and over tryed it in safemode and work around ----> Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)

sine 2016 This 2021 there IS NO FIX For this

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)

Those command's Microsoft claims's that are Built in to this new version will NOT FIX it people ,.

wu10 (4).diagcab <------------ does the same thing .

cmd the sfc/ DIMS they don't work all these web sites On Bing claiming to work for Microsoft Now HP went On my Labtop tried all those everytime there PATCH Tues they screw Up time and time again it's effect The new Ryzen pc's Well patch Tues came and went

still you Cannot fix why would they be repeating the same fix if these coder's and programmer's work for Microsoft why haven't stopped it or removed the DOWNLOAD if it's causing problems they have done it before and please don't tell me Microsoft is Not aware of this they are HP has contacted them and the same excuse over and over. there's NO sence running through these steps ren c:\ and if some makes the Mistake do wan't them to BRICK there PC . it's On A Constant Lopp start's up when you click in retry then speed's up to 100% then Installing 20% it stops then 44% then 78% then 100 % Wamo

We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d) all over again .

haven't you figoured it's the The patch update .

if you work for them or open a chat why don't you report it instead repeating steps that don't work On A Failed patch update .

Quick search shows its usually corrupted windows updates.

You can try running windows update troubleshooter twice in a row often works. Bad part is you will need to re-download all the updates that haven't installed.

Settings / Updates / Troubleshoot/ windows updates

A more aggressive fix might be to open command prompt (admin) and copy and paste all these in , one shot will work usually.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

after a reboot delete;

~ chkdsk /-r c: this took over 2hr's and didn't find anything wrong with my lab tops what a waist of time the dism same there there 5 propper step you have to do for inorder for it to work nothing wrong with the windows I have it just won't Update till the next vers build of windows .

Hi,

I understand that you are facing issues installing Windows updates on your PC. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.  

• Are you able to install other windows updates or do you have issues only with installing KB4592438?

I suggest you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and check if you are able to install Widows updates.

Try booting your PC in clean boot and attempt to install Windows updates. Refer to the article on How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:  Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Also, you may not be able to use some programs in clean boot. 

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Method 3: If the update has failed to installed, you may download and install the update manually by accessing the Microsoft Update Catalog and typing in the KB article number of the failed update.

I suggest you Reset Windows update components in Windows  and check if you are able to install Widows updates.

I suggest you refer and follow the suggestion on how to Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: Before performing chkdsk, please backup the Data. While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Note: Please ignore the suggestions for “Perform a clean installation of Windows 10” from the above article.

Hope it helps.

min clean Boot has Nothing to do with why just the min help it's become a recurring error

2021-02 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4601382)

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

after a reboot delete;

~

the Built-in Trouble shooter when it can't even fix or recomend's for a brand new computer i went to HP they went on my computer the patch tues came and went for the first a week ago Microsoft didn't fix it

I hear you same having the same problems It's leaving my version of windows at that was the Last version Up date it keep repeating some Updates over and over ,

Hi,

Hope it helps.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

after a reboot delete;

~

I hear you same having the same problems It's leaving my version of windows at that was the Last version Up date it keep repeating some Updates over and over , it need's to go past yes I del everything in the windows temp folder over and over tryed it in safemode and work around ----> Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)

sine 2016 This 2021 there IS NO FIX For this

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)

Those command's Microsoft claims's that are Built in to this new version will NOT FIX it people ,.

wu10 (4).diagcab <------------ does the same thing .

cmd the sfc/ DIMS they don't work all these web sites On Bing claiming to work for Microsoft Now HP went On my Labtop tried all those everytime there PATCH Tues they screw Up time and time again it's effect The new Ryzen pc's Well patch Tues came and went

still you Cannot fix why would they be repeating the same fix if these coder's and programmer's work for Microsoft why haven't stopped it or removed the DOWNLOAD if it's causing problems they have done it before and please don't tell me Microsoft is Not aware of this they are HP has contacted them and the same excuse over and over. there's NO sence running through these steps ren c:\ and if some makes the Mistake do wan't them to BRICK there PC . it's On A Constant Lopp start's up when you click in retry then speed's up to 100% then Installing 20% it stops then 44% then 78% then 100 % Wamo

We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d) all over again .

haven't you figoured it's the The patch update .

if you work for them or open a chat why don't you report it instead repeating steps that don't work On A Failed patch update .

Quick search shows its usually corrupted windows updates.

You can try running windows update troubleshooter twice in a row often works. Bad part is you will need to re-download all the updates that haven't installed.

Settings / Updates / Troubleshoot/ windows updates

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

after a reboot delete;

~

Hi,

Hope it helps.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

after a reboot delete;

~

I hear you same having the same problems It's leaving my version of windows at that was the Last version Up date it keep repeating some Updates over and over ,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks you. Since 2021, no updates (other than Microsoft's antivirus updates) have been successful. Error 0x8007000d everywhere.

Method 1. Did it repeatedly. Did not help.

Method 2. Clean boot did not help.

Method 3. Uploaded updates manually. The same mistake. Did not help.

Method 4. Components are discarded. Did not help.

Method 5. Corrected errors, did not help.

Bonus number 1. DISM (with auto-update storage from the Internet or from the 20H2 image from Microsoft), SFC, check disk for errors, disconnect all devices, update drivers, reset BIOS, reset update center, remove previous updates, remove installed programs, remove cache, check driver signatures , deleting temporary files, disabling services and startup, safe mode, clean boot, checking memory, recovering from MediaCreationTool 20H2 with saving files, working in a temporary account, nothing helped, nothing. Each update is fully downloaded, installed to 100%, and then ends with error 0x8007000d. No one has ever given a working solution to this problem. There is only one way out. Formatting the disk and completely reinstalling Windows with the loss of all files and programs.

KB4601382 (2021) - Error 0x8007000d

KB4601319 (2021) - error 0x8007000d

Any subsequent KB update will give this error too, I'm 100% sure. Why did I buy Windows? ;-(

Bonus number 2. Nearby is the same new computer as the one on which the 0x8007000d errors occur. Exactly the same software, exactly the same hardware, an exact exact copy of everything. And all Microsoft updates work on it. Thanks you...

Yours faithfully

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

ok, found the solution...uninstall windows reality ( VR )

It appears the reason is Windows Mixed Reality...

To install the Windows 10 update:

Open Settings (WIN+I)

Click Windows Mixed Reality

Select Uninstall

Reboot

Open Settings (WIN+I)

Select Windows Updates

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Happy for you but I don't have that installed.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

ok, found the solution...uninstall windows reality ( VR )

It appears the reason is Windows Mixed Reality...

To install the Windows 10 update:

Open Settings (WIN+I)

Click Windows Mixed Reality

Select Uninstall

Reboot

Open Settings (WIN+I)

Select Windows Updates

Oh, if everything in Windows would be so simple... Alas, it didn't help me. I didn't have the mixed reality portal installed, so I installed it for the purity of the experiment. Then it rebooted. Then deleted, rebooted again, and tried to update. Nothing has changed. 0x8007000d.

Yours faithfully

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Method 1: Performing an in-place upgrade.

By performing an in-place upgrade also known as repair install. A repair install installs Windows over the existing installation of Windows. Performing a repair install of Window,  you will not be losing anything. This will repair the broken system files and simultaneously preserves files & applications.

Performing an in-place upgrade.

To perform an in place upgrade on the computer, refer the steps mentioned in the article How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide by PaulSey…

Note: As a precaution, I suggest you backup important files and data before performing a repair install of Windows.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Zaki

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Happy for you but I don't have that installed.

Greetings @MojoBoingo,

No chance that your name was a reference to the group "Oingo Boingo" by chance? LOL! Anyways, this is the solution that had helped me with the issues with all dealings with the entire featured update "2021-02 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4601382)". Might I add that this specific situation had spun me into a world of pissed off that I had never experienced in my life, as it had also caused my drives to fail and corrupt & had also been a job for me in the span of over 6 days. In other words, I had to Nuke everything with DBAN, short for Dariks Boot and Nuke. The name explains everything, no need for any jibber-jabber: https://dban.org/. "READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY! I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT PAY ATTENTION OR READ" "IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS"

Working to repair the corrupted partitions of the featured update is messy, and is not guaranteed to work. So, since the DBAN has to be run from startup & booted through the BIOS and requires many hours, let it run to ensure a clean installation. Once everything has been wiped, please ensure that your Windows .ISO is on an ultra thumb drive and has been set as a bootable device & inserted into your most direct 3.0 USB slot. My mobo has a dedicated BIOS USB slot on it, I tend to use this for any type of system install, Windows/Drivers, etc. Boot this from the BIOS and reinstall everything to your desired drives. Ensure to delete and not format any drives when reinstalling Windows, as formatting will cause the drives to lose their readable volumes.

Be careful when back up and running, and prior to any updates, do this:

Follow these steps to stop Windows 10 updates: Fire up the Run command ( Win + R ). Type in “services. msc” and hit Enter. Select the Windows Update service from the Services list. Click on the “General” tab and change the “Startup Type” to “Manual or Disable”. Restart your machine.

Then check periodically for updates for the failed feature update, without going to that failed feature update. Microsoft should remove these damaging updates.

Hope this helps! I'm nobody special but an old geek LOL!

****Specs****

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4007, 12/8/2020

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II

Platform Role Desktop

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 25.1 GB

Total Virtual Memory 36.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 24.6 GB

Page File Space 5.00 GB

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Joshua "Jay Prowaves" Landerfelt"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Error 0x8007000d installing windows updates

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 23, 2021 Views 15,929 Applies to: