Download KB 4025342 for windows 10 version 1703 failed many times. Tried trouble shooter and load from catalogue .

Download KB4025342 for windows 10 version 1703 failed many times. Tried trouble shooter and loading update from catalogue. Nothing worked.  Help
I had this same experience but finally had KB4025342 installed accordingly to update history on 7/13/2017.  However when I check for Windows updates it still appears as an available update to be downloaded.  So Windows update is giving me conflicting information as to whether it actually has been installed or still needs to be downloaded and installed.  When I try to download the available KB4025342 update the status bar shows no progress.

176 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

The issue you're experiencing might be due to previous versions failed to update.

Having said that, have you checked if you have previous updates failed to be installed? If there are previously failed updates, it would be best that you install them first, from the first one that failed up to the recent one.

If the issue persists, let's make sure that you're not experiencing an account specific issue, kindly create another administrator account, install the update from the new administrator account and observe if the issue will still be present.

If you still can't install the update, let's reset the Windows Update components to further troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing with updating your PC.

Let us know what happens after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an update.  I successfully installed 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64 based Systems (KB4025342) twice.  The first time on 7/13/17 but showed the same update was available to download again.  I successfully installed 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64 based Systems (KB4025342) a second time on 7/14/17 and that cleared all pending updates.  The installation had failed 11 times before between July 12 and July 13.  My update history shows that I failed to update the 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4020102) 11 times in June. 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We appreciate you sharing with us those information.

Now that you have installed successfully the Windows 10 Cumulative Update, are you experiencing system failures or other problems with your PC aside from it showing that you have installed the same update twice? If there still are, what are those?

In the meantime, let's make sure that it's not an account specific error. Can you please create another administrator account and see if the same issue occurs on that new administrator account?

You can also run the following scans to repair missing or corrupted system files:

• System File Checker
    The System File Checker or SFC is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore these corrupted files.
  • DISM or System Update Readiness tool
    The DISM or Deployment Image Servicing and Management can help you fix some Windows corruption errors as well.

To make sure that no application is causing the issue, let's perform a Clean Boot. Clean Boot helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when running or installing a program in Windows 10.
Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Let us know if the issue persists after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps. We will also appreciate if you can provide us a screenshot of the update which shows it has been updated twice.

Thank you.

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Another update on my computer performance and problems downloading Windows 10.  After successfully uploading Windows 10 Cumulative Update, I have not had any system failures.  I also believed my McAfee Security Center/Antivirus was causing some performance issues by constantly spawning tasks.  I resolved this problem and my computer performance issues when I uninstalled my McAfee software on my laptop and installed Norton Security Center.  Now that I look back, the performance problems McAfee was causing may have impacted my ability to complete Windows 10 Cumulative Update downloads.   

I did not have a problem with my desktop that also has the Windows 10 Cumulative Update and still is running McAfee.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2019 Views 3,798 Applies to: