Cumulative updates January 2021

This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on January 12th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. 

1. Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4598242, Build 19041.746 and 19042.746
  2. Windows 10 versions 1909 - KB4598229, Build 18363.1316

UPDATED 1/12/21
REMINDER 
Adobe Flash Player went out of support on December 31, 2020. For more information, see Adobe Flash end of support on December 31, 2020. Flash content will be blocked from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021. For more information, see Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page.

11/17/20
For information about Windows update terminology, see the article about the types of Windows updates and the monthly quality update types. To view other notes and messages, see the Windows 10, version 2004 update history home page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529964/windows-10-update-history

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Windows 10 message center

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/windows-message-center#407

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

----------------------------------------------

Important: Users posting replies referring to their own websites would be considered as Spam and would be suspended from this community.

(If you have recommended this discussion and are looking for the unsubscribe button, please hit subscribe below, and a dialogue will open with the unsubscribe choice.)

|

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

But I have one problem. I don't get updates through settings! Well, they will show that the update is downloading.....(and then it will show installing). But after restarting the PC, no changes occurs! Then when I use Windows Update Assistant to update my PC, it worked well and brought many cool features! What is wrong with the update downloading in settings? Please tell if you know. 

Kind Regards

Lvr19 2.0

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

To get targeted responses to your question you should start your own post via Participate at the top of the forum.

Have you tried the windows update troubleshooter. What version and build do you have now?

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have 3 machines, 2 desktops which have updated with out this issue, and a laptop which has this issue. All are on the same version/build of windows - 20H2/19042.746

Troubleshooter/Update says it cannot find anything wrong with the system, so as I have said the only way to fix it I have found is the unistall it then prevent it reinstalling using "wushowhide.diagcab".

I don't require advice on how to fix it, the fix, until M/Soft do something about the update) is to remove it on any machine that exhibits this same problem. And yes I have reported it to M/Soft and never had any response other than to try reinstalling windows - seriously bad advice!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the problem with posting in a discussion thread. I was not answering you but another user. If the response to the other user is no good for you then you don't need to comment back.

You have to accept there is a reason why the laptop is affected and the others aren't.

If you use the Feedback Hub with the laptop then the telemetry can be collected and a subsequent cumulative update may fix the issue but you need to give as much detail as possible about the laptop and look at the KB changes page.

These comments are by other users and not Microsoft.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To get targeted responses to your question you should start your own post via Participate at the top of the forum.

Have you tried the windows update troubleshooter. What version and build do you have now?

I have already tried update trouble shooter. I have 20H2 version.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So, I woke up to my laptop working in automatic repair mode this morning, and it telling me that automatic repair could not fix whatever issue occurred.  I went to Advanced Options to see about going to a Restore Point, and the most recent was this morning at ~12:30AM for Windows Update.  However, it says it cannot restore because of disk corruption.

Surely, it cannot be coincidence - and it seems that Windows Update has FUBARed my laptop.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Very annoyed at the moment. I've moved all PCs in our domain to the latest (January 2021 Cumulative Update), except for two PCs that run AMD Ryzen 7 chips, which BSOD with "bad pool error" after install and then automatically roll back the update. Anyone else having issues with the update (KB4598242)? The only other time I've run into this problem with cumulatives was with a laptop (also running Ryzen 7) and after ensuring all drivers were up to date, the stupid cumulative still would not install! Ended up having to reinstall Windows to get that one going several months ago. What a PIA!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After a Windows 10 update last night, I lost ALL my Pictures (everything in the pictures folder), everything in the Documents folder, everything in the Videos folder.  Anything I can do?  Thanks for any help you can provide.  I am not restarting my computer until I hear back from someone here with advice.  Art

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried my best to fix Bluetooth, need help to normalise.

Thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Art, sounds like you are signed-in with a temp profile. Restart you computer 4 times using Start > Power > Restart and check for the files again.

If that still does not show your files then open File Explorer and expand This PC then C:\ select the users folder, does it show a folder called temp?

Please confirm before doing anything else.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 14, 2021 Views 20,714 Applies to: