Cumulative updates - December 2020

Reminder: There has been an issue with the in place upgrade in Windows 10 20h2. Users could only select keep nothing. Microsoft found out about the bug last month and the fixed for the bug is out with KB4586853, the November 30th update. Microsoft may update the Windows media creation tool. Stay tuned for it. If there are news, I will post it here. There will be no preview updates for this month. Wait until Jan. of next year, thank you.

This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on December 9th for Windows 10 20H2 & 2004.

1. Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4592438, Build 19041.685 and 19042.685.

IMPORTANT
Release notes are changing! To learn about the new URL, metadata updates, and more, see What’s next for Windows release notes.

MPORTANT
Windows 10, version 1903 has reach end of servicing on December 8, 2020. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends that you update to the latest version of Windows 10. If you want to update to Windows 10, version 1909, you must use the Enablement Package KB4517245 (EKB). Using the EKB makes updating faster and easier and requires a single restart. For more information, see Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options.

Windows 10 update history

Windows 10 release dashboard

Windows 10 message center

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

I installed it this morning on Windows 10 Version 20H2 Build 19042,685. Update installed successfully no bug found on my laptop. In fact, after installing the update and restarting it is even a little faster and smoother on my device. In fact, I only use HDD storage for Windows 10 operating system installation. 🙂 (That's what I think).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

What if you use SSD?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What if you use SSD?
I can't be sure. Maybe Faster Than This. Sorry from the start I haven't changed storage to an SSD. This still uses the default HDD storage from this laptop.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

SSD is faster than HDD.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 289 Applies to: