I am running Windows 10 Home 2004 (Build 19041.450). Windows Update notified me that there was a cumulative update available to install (2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756)). When I told it to install the update, it will download and go up to "Installing - 100%" and then just show this error:
I've tried the following in an attempt to fix the error:
- Run "sfc /scannow" in an elevated command prompt
- Run "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:<Source of clean Windows 10 2004 ISO created using Windows Media Creation Tool> /LimitAccess" in an elevated command prompt
- Uninstall and reinstall NET framework 3.5 from "Turn Windows features on or off" in Control Panel
- Manually download the specific update from the Microsoft Update Catalog and install it
- Stop the Windows Update service and delete the Windows Update cache located in "%SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistrubution", then restart the service
Obviously, none of these worked so I'm looking for any other solutions to this problem. Any help is appreciated.