Question

Q: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4015217) fails to install

Each time I have to install a cumulative update it fails to install. After the restart it locks up at 30%. This month it is KB4015217 and KB4018483, last month it was KB4015438.

I have had this problem on and off for over twelve months.

Please advise what I need to do to solve the problem, normal updates install without a problem.

Answer

A:

I tried this link......but the ironic thing is that since the update, the internet function on our PC is now all but non existant due to the patch/update fault.......so I can't navigate or download content since 13th April.

I am typing this message on an iPad............

..????

Hey there, MD Clive Walker!

I'm sorry to hear that the problem hasn't been solved yet.

From the above description, I understand that you're facing some connection issues after the upgrade to build 1703. Right?

If so, first try to follow the steps mentioned in this article: Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Remember to keep your network adapter driver updated.

If this doesn't help, maybe I could suggest you to go back to build 1607 (many users are facing network issues after the upgrade): Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to the previous version of Windows 10 > Get started.

Hope this helps in any way.

Regards,

Alby

_____

Alberto Giura
Microsoft® MCC - Windows Insider - Article Author

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

11 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 1,251 Last updated: May 26, 2018 Applies to: