Cannot install an update on Windows 10. Did not make any changes on the computer.
Method 1: Doesn't help. It says it fixed problems, but the update still doesn't work
I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Windows Update troubleshooter:
- Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
- Click on Control panel.
- Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel search box.
- Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
- Click on Windows update troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
Method 2: Error 14098. The component store has been corrupted. Doing the same in a safe mode didn't help.
I would suggest you to use these commands to repair Windows:
- Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
- Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
- Click File > Run New Task
- Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
- Type CMD
- Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
I see a lot of similar complaints from other users. Please advise.