Creators Update; Cast Media to Device broken

Since being offered and going through the Creators Edition update yesterday, cast media to device in the Edge browser no longer works.

Even though in Settings; Devices, my smart tv is listed there (I did do a delete of this to see if it would start working again but it didn't), it cannot find anything in the Edge browser.  Never had this problem since this feature was introduced, until this update.  Is it going to be fixed?  Incidentally, I have tried all "troubleshooting fixes" that are posted on the (posted before the Creators update).

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2019 Views 4,114 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

For us to investigate the issue further, kindly provide the information we need below:

• Tell us how exactly have you updated to Creators update. Is it through a clean install or by downloading it?
  • When you said that you can't find anything in the Edge browser, do you mean that the device cannot be discovered?
  • Kindly tell us all the troubleshooting steps that you have done so we can skip them if needed.

Regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Here i have the same problem.  Not able to cast Edge to any device, Both of my TV's show up on devices ( TV-living & TV-bedroom)  Before the CU update there was no problem.

I am able to stream muziek to both TV's using media player with  play to .....  , but the function is broke in EDGE.

When choosing cast to device, the windows wits opens only refers to Wireless display's, my TV's are both Hardwired in to the network, but none shows up ( unless they  both are shown in devices) .  Please can you give us a fix ? 

Probably  not, never got a useable answer from any Microsoft employee, most help mostly comes from other users.

PS. Did a normal update, not a clean install.

[edit] here is a better explanation : https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/11633738/

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

For the meantime, try to use Internet explorer and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer:

1. Press Windows key.
  2. Type Internet Explorer in the search box.
  3. Right-click on Internet Explorer (Desktop app).
  4. Select Pin to taskbar.

Do update us with the results.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

Bets Jomel, Here is your update;

How do you think IE wil help with this problem? Then please explain how i can cast with IE, but maybe a better advise was to tell us to install Google Chrome.  For god sake did you even read the question?  I find better help and answers from amateurs than somebody at Microsoft, I think I go there and ask for a job Also. 

Sorry this didn't help.

The steps above is to only to isolate if it's a system issue or a browser issue. You can freely use Google Chrome if that is your preferred browser. Since it seems that you forgot to say, is your device Miracast or DLNA enabled? Miracast is a wireless display standard as DLNA is an older standard. Regardless, if the devices your trying to use is not compatible with the new update, then you would need to contact the manufacturer of the device to get the specific drivers to make it compatible with Windows 10 Creators Update.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, sorry for the bad English but I have this problem too.

Since the creator update, Microsoft Edge seems cast only with Miracast, the connect panel don't offer DLNA compatibility.

Windows Creator update is not the problem, the Movie and TV app work fine to share content on my Xbox.

In the Microsoft Blog I found Build 15055 info :

"When using “Cast media to device” in Microsoft Edge, it will now open the Connect pane (also seen when using Win + K)."

My LG TV is compatible with Miracast but the quality is extremely poor comparatively the the DLNA cast from my Surface to my Xbox. 

Edit: Clean install for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please explain witch problem you are tying to isolate with this option?

No Google is NOT the preferred browser, but the way things go it feels that MS wants you to go els ware :(  (and they are still wondering why thy lose market share to them ?)

Sorry I did not mention my device's all work with DLNA, maybe you missed the point that I explained that it is all hardwired so NO wireless.

All the devices where compatible before the update, if thy are not, MS should communicate this, and what changes they had make, and what the consequences are.  now we know nothing.

I shall ask Samsung if they want to make new drivevers for my TV's , the special W10CU one's ! Never the less, all other DLNA equipment in my house works perfectly with the old Samsung drive's , its only W10CU that gives me the headaches. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, there some news from this problem on the  Microsoft edge developer website :

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/11633738/

The problem has confirmed.

All users who use DLNA cast can report from this link to make resolve the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem was also reported here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_internet-insider_spartan/edge-casting-to-device-no-longer-finds-dlna/ba9729a5-bc85-4d3d-8404-a6f25ed3de6a

As I stated in that thread, I dont think that there's a bug in the connect sidebar that EDGE opens on the Creators Update. The bug is that it opens completely different connect dialog. As confirmed in the microsoft issue tracker (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/11633738/), the connect option that EDGE is opening on the creators update is actually mirroring pc screen to miracast device, not streaming multimedia from the website opened in the EDGE to the device.

Movies & TV app on the creators update is still opening the "right" connect dialog that used to work in EDGE on Anniversary update thought. It still lists all DLNA & Miracast devices and actually streams the video instead of mirroring the whole pc screen to the device.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jomel_Santos,

I did an update of the results as you requested , is there  Anny news on this issue ?

Sorry this didn't help.