Creators Update Bug

Firstly I'd like to say I knew the implications of updating my computer ahead of release but after upgrading to the new build via the upgrade assistant I've run into some problems. Windows seem to forget how to manage memory because after installing the update the computer froze after rebooting the computer and monitoring the processes I saw memory was full ran a diagnostic reported the sticks were fine. Love the new update hate the bugs I had to rollback because.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated October 7, 2018 Views 1,615 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Joel,

Windows 10 automatically manages the Pagefile according to your computer’s configuration and the RAM present in it. To check the Pagefile size, please follow the steps below.

1. On the desktop screen, right-click the Start button to open its context menu
  2. Select System, then from the left pane of the System window, click Advanced system settings.
  3.  On the System Properties box, go to the Advanced tab.
  4. Click the Settings button from under the Performance.
  5. On the Performance Options box, go to the Advanced tab.
  6. Click the Change button from under the Virtual memory section.
  7. On the Virtual Memory box, you can set it to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.

Also, we would recommend that you install the latest update for Windows 10 version 1703. You can check the article about Windows 10 Update History. Ensure that the latest build is installed on your computer.

To check for updates, select the Start button and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Please let us know if you still encounter this issue after installing the latest build for Windows 10 Creators Update.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.