Can't install the latest Windows Update (2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x86-based Systems (KB4016871)

As the title said, i can't update to the latest version of Windows. It will always failed in my update history. What I've tried:

-Updating from Windows Update in System

-Downloading and updating from the catalog, still failed

-Using Windows Update Assistant, It only shows "Thank You for updating to the latest version of Windows"

-Using Windows Update Troubleshooter. All problems seems to be fixed, though i may run it again later

So, by now i still stuck at version 15063.250

Question Info

Last updated September 28, 2018 Views 25,817 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"• 2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038788)"

Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:

I've tried restarting and using the troubleshooting tool, and some technique where I used the console.  I still can't get windows10 to update.  What is bothersome is that it's saying my computer is at risk now.......

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can confirm after today's cumulative update that my RCA Tablet is now downloading and installing CUMULATIVE Updates again correctly. So it took a reinstall of the operating system keeping only files. Unfortunately the TOUCH on the RCA Tablet is now unable to be calibrated and is wildly off. Personally I don't use touch very much so it's not a big deal for me. I did try reinstall the ancient RCA drivers for touch but that does not resolve anything.

Since I use the RCA Tablet essentially as a Laptop and don't use touch I can live with this and prefer to have the operating system updating correctly again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I finally fixed my RCA Tablet from not being able to install any CUMULATIVE UPDATES.....It could install regular updates but not CUMULATIVE UPDATES...

Sorry to say that I didn't find the magic problem and fix....But rather did a reinstall of Windows 10 saying only to save files...Then I did the cumulative updates and all went normal...I purchased a discounted copy of PCMover so I could migrate applications off one computer to the RCA Tablet without having to spend a week reinstalling everything...Still had to spend an entire day (More than 12 hours) getting everything back on and working...As of this writing however I have lost the TOUCH as it can't be calibrated correctly...Doesn't really matter as I never use TOUCH but I'll play with it in the coming days to try and get that working which is the last thing to do...BACKING UP NOW...

And one last parting statement....2 years later....And Windows 10 still $VCk$!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Over the two weeks that I now have this problem it has intensified, it now delays every boot by five minutes. And with the tool you provided, it is not visible. So there is no way for me to fix it.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK. Just need to find who makes it (I got it when I bought my computer from Dell).

Sorry this didn't help.

Atherword,

Yes...That is my experience on my troubled Windows 10 tablet....Reinstalling over top with Creator's does fix the issue (Unlike Anniversary which did)......Now that you have a working computer again on the old build simply go and get the driver for your wifi card...If it's available on the manufacturer website...Reinstalling the wifi driver should fix the problem...You can try doing it by going to Windows 10 updates but they often do not have updated drivers on the Microsoft Updates and sometimes have old/bad drivers (I've seen that on another older system I have)...

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, the reinstall didn't work. But I did finally rollback the update, and everything works fine now.  But I couldn't manually reinstall the update as it's suddenly not applicable to my system.  Oh well.  My laptop's currently updating to it automatically, so we'll see how it fairs in the wifi connecting department.

Sorry this didn't help.

Didn't have a rollback, but did manage to uninstall the update.  Mouse works, Chrome still crashes, and wifi was not restored.  After using ipconfig options on CMD, I managed to get very little internet activity. Mostly a site or two.  Almost nothing loads.

I downloaded the update and am trying it this way.  Last time, with the Anniversary update, it screwed so many Windows features up. After uninstalling it (and everything working right), the downloaded version updated my system almost  perfectly fine. I did lose Windows Store access, but rarely use it anyway.  Hopefully reinstalling the update this way will fix things up

Sorry this didn't help.

Atherworld...

You should be able to ROLLBACK to the Windows 10 earlier build very easily (If you haven't used Disk Cleanup to delete it)...

Go to SETTINGS....UPDATE AND SECURITY....RECOVERY....And there you should have a button allowing you to

GO BACK TO AN EARLIER BUILD...Select that and allow your system to restore the earlier build. Since you just did the upgrade you should have this option available to you (The option goes away after a while)...

See this page for a description with pictures...

https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/

Oh...And you always need to do a BACKUP with a good backup (IMAGER) program...Otherwise you can get stuck having to rebuild a system...Especially with Windows 10. (MACRIUM REFLECT and ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE are both very good Backup Imaging programs).

Sorry this didn't help.

I sadly updated to this latest build last night.  Now, my Desktop no longer can connect to the internet. I get a very weak wifi signal. If I disconnect it, it doesn't always find my network. Chrome freezes up.  My mouse doesn't work half the times.  I tried using All Settings, Update, but it just freezes when I click on it.  I tried going to System Restore, but it was turned off (prior to updating, no it wasn't). So all my restore points are gone.  So, I'm stuck with a desktop that's permanently offline, and I can't uninstall this update.  Thanks Microsoft.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.