Blue Screen Of Death after Window's 10 update on 1/6/2018

Okay people out there here is the story. On Saturday 1/6/18 I was hard at work on my Toshiba Satellite laptop when Windows started to automatically download. Once the download finished my computer started acting like it was shutting down, without me actually shutting it down or Windows asking to restart it. To say the least I was freaking out because the work I was doing wasn't backed up. Then my computer started doing the boot loop fun, black screen small dots going in circles and then I got the Blue Screen of Death ( BSOD). Thankfully my old Toshiba with Windows 7 was still working because I had to spend the next few days trying to figure what the hell was going on. Now cut to the " fixes" I have tried, and I've tried most of them including the ridiculous fixes on Window's website for troubleshooting the BSOD. None of them have worked, it wont let me reboot in safe mode so please dont' suggest that, already tried it. I even went on youtube, and none of their fixes worked. I just want to be able to restart my damn computer without having to go barebones. HAS ANYONE FOUND ANYTHING THAT worked to actually get out f the freakin boot loop because Microsoft has been NO HELP at all. Also, is anyone else ready to file a class action to recoup our losses for a poor product that they never should have forced until they knew it was good to go ? ( kind of joking about the class action thing, but right now I'm all for pitch forks and fire if that will get them to actually fix what they broke and issue an apology ( after fixing this ) HELP, what worked for you and how did you do it, for those who maybe don't know much about computers. HELP HELP HELP. 

Question Info

Last updated October 19, 2018 Views 4,979 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Mine allowed me only the Blue Screen of Death.  I gave it to an expert fixer who after several days is so far unable to use the restore procedure.

Is it possible that those who creatrd the updates were unwilling to test for bad resilts?

Class action, sign me up.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Like you, I'm all fire and pitchforks. I didn't want to install the update and in the past, I always waited a few days before installing any just to avoid these kind of problems.

Since a new install seems to be the only solution, I've decided enough is enough and I've just fixed the problem by installing Ubuntu.

Don't even get me started on how bad Win 10 is on a tablet.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can try doing a recovery disk (dvd or USB) on your working computer.
The recovery disk has repair options that may resolve your problem.
Here is a step by step guide: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3140449/windows...

Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

If 2 guys in a dorm room in Bangalore released some software into the world that said "Send us $129 and we will restart your machine", then we call them criminals, but if @Microsoft & @Dell collaborate & call it "latest update", then what do we call it? "Customer Service"?

I just got out of the Dell Cust Service chat  and they offered to fix it for a one-time service charge of $129.

Does anyone know the contact info for the law firm that's running the class action suit?

Sorry this didn't help.

I ended up buying a new computer, paying my computer pro to spend many hours recovering my data, and spending hours myself configuring, finding passwords, and becoming familiar with the new one...also buying a new camera device because Microsoft no longer supports the old one.  

While my old box was about 6 years old, it worked well for me.  If my time is worth $20 per hour, this update cost me about $1200, including parts and labor.

Sorry this didn't help.

None of that worked, tried just about everything and it does the same thing, goes black screen with swirly dots and then the BSOD. I would LOVE it if Microsoft actually did something about this, but since they are not, I have a feeling they may need to worry about what could come next from the customers. Blaming everyone else isn't working for them and it's pissing me off. It's going on 3 weeks with no help whatsoever and that is ridiculous. 

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a post there somewhere about updating the graphics card drivers of you are using a radeon card

I've tried this and, currently, it's worked

But i also clicked the "metered user" box so it may be a coincidence or a combination of the two

Hope that helps

Obviously if it's still an issue it hadn't worked in my case

Sorry this didn't help.

same here - been on HP helpdesk fro 2 hrs then they told me factory reset is the only option left - well that only made things worse - now I have lost all my apps and programs but the damn laptop still does not work....can't find settings, can't do updates can't even do a restart or shut down..except pushing and holding the power button - if I was in the US would love to sign up to a class action...

Sorry this didn't help.

unplugging the internet midway through the download has, for the time being, solved the problem

i still get the same message as the image i posted a few posts ago, but there is no downloading, no crashing, no auto updating, etc that goes along with it

it may not be the best solution for anyone, but it's been a few days now and i don't mind clicking on "hide" every few hours as the computer still works as it should and doesn't shut down every 10 minutes as it had been doing for the past week

Sorry this didn't help.

https://daniel-brockman.blogspot.com/2018/01/fall-creator-aka-windows-10-v-1709.html

Sorry this didn't help.