Discussion

After update 1803 battery drain fast

I have Asus lapop X555L

After update windows 1803(Os Build 17134.48) my battery drain fast. In compare of last build it drain double. Before update I have 4:30 to 5:00 hours battery time,but after update it is about 2:00 hours.I have run troubleshoot but nothing gain.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

ImI having the same issue, i would get maybe 8 hours of battery life, since the update 1803, im lucky to get 3 hours.

Dell Inspiron 15 5000

I have Asus lapop X555L

After update windows 1803(Os Build 17134.48) my battery drain fast. In compare of last build it drain double. Before update I have 4:30 to 5:00 hours battery time,but after update it is about 2:00 hours.I have run troubleshoot but nothing gain.

I have a NuVision TM800W610L Tablet with Windows 10 Pro 1709 and it's doing the same thing. I had some of the community working on it yesterday but I lost the thread. I've downloaded the driver files from the manufacturer but don't know which one I need to uninstall and replace it with.

I am also hitting similar issues on my Surface Laptop with an i5.  Previously I would get all day batter; now I only get through ~5 hours.

Exactly the same symptoms on ASUS FX502VE (i5 7300HQ GTX 1050 TI)
Really thinking about downgrading soon.

I have having similar issues with a Dell Latitude 5480.  I used to get 6~8 hours doing basic web surfing.  Now with Win 10 1803, I'm not even getting 4 hours under similar usage...it's like it has been changed from a business laptop to a gaming laptop (w/o the gaming performance).

I also had issues where when my computer wakes from sleep, I just have a blank screen and when I move my mouse/trackpad, I only see the cursor.  This problem got fixed by installing the latest Dell/Intel graphics driver.

I have the same issue in Asus X550LB since April Update and cannot roll back to previous windows 1709.

Hello, The strangest thing has happened. After posting the other day, I went to the manufacturer's website and downloaded the driver files & put them in a file on the desktop and tried to find the  discuss I had started, but never did. The next morning I was using the tablet & noticed the battery was staying charged! Since then, it's been working as it should and I'm using it now with 96%  and the charge light just came on again, so I guess I had my mouth set right and fixed it! I'm so good with my mind about doing repairs, aren't I?

Daryl

Oh boy, same issue on Dell 15 5559, i used to get 4-5 hours of good life and now the battery dies within 2 hours. haven't found any solution anywhere yet. Somebody do Something !! 

Hi ymwsf,

I am sorry to hear that you experience performance issues. Can you please PM me your system's SVCTAG? Did you contact our Dell support team yet?

Thank you,

Bernhard

MS Technologist

#IWork4Dell

Hi ymwsf,

I am sorry to hear that you experience performance issues. Can you please PM me your system's SVCTAG? Did you contact our Dell support team yet?

Thank you,

Bernhard

MS Technologist

#IWork4Dell

Can't seem to find a place to PM you.  I have not contacted Dell support, but I'll open a case with them today (was under the impression since this seems to be an issue related to Microsoft Win 10 1803, Dell wouldn't look into it).

Discussion Info

Views: 755 Last updated: June 17, 2018 Applies to: