I'm trying to install the latest version of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. It downloads successfully, and installing gets to 100%, but when it restarts it says "undoing changes to windows" and boots to desktop with this message:
I have tried:
- Downloading it from the Update and Security settings. Same result: downloads, installs, restarts and reverts changes. Interestingly, afterwards it says "latest update installed", even though About Windows clearly still says version 1803.
- Installing from the media creation tool
- Using CCleaner to fix registry issues
- Doing sfc /scannow in command prompt (admin)
- Following this guide
- To be thorough, I have attached the setuperr.log from the panther folder to help:
EDIT: Redacted for privacy - Turns out Private Internet Access VPN was the issue. See answer for a more detailed fix.
Can someone help me fix this?