"There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." ERROR

Hey everyone. I have a pretty annoying error.

So I am trying to reset my computer completely, wipe everything on my hard drive, all my files (but still keep windows OS). I clicked on "Reset this PC" in settings, under Recovery. Everything seemed to be going well when out of nowhere I got an error message. It read: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made. I also checked Windows Update and it shows this:

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

• Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 - Error 0x80246002

Not sure if the update thing above^ has anything to do with resetting my PC but it leaves me wondering. How exactly do I reset my PC? Thank you.

Hi Vicenzo,

Another way to reset your computer is through your device settings. Please click the article below and follow the steps provided under reset this PC:

Recovery options in Windows 10

To troubleshoot error code: 0x80246002, kindly click this link.

Let us know the outcome.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have been having the same issue. I have an intel drive update that was successful but still have issues in resetting. I've attempted several times now. It would go up to 30+% and then undo changes and end with that blue screen that says "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." not sure where to go now.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you reset your PC by doing the provided steps in the article on our last reply? If not yet, we suggest resetting your PC by following the steps in this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10

Tell us what would be the result.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have followed the steps in the reset section as my pc is not non-functional. I can boot into windows, except, any attempt at resetting always fails. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You may try resetting your PC in Windows Recovery Environment. Here's how:

1. Press and hold the Shift key while choosing Restart.
  2. Once the blue boot options menus displays, please click Troubleshoot.

3. Select Reset your PC and follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves, I was running Insider Preview 16193 for weeks when Store stopped working, along with 3d Paint, calculator, and I don't know what else DIDN'T work. I tried going through Insider Preview to see if there was a new build.  I discovered Insider was broken too. I couldn't even add my Microsoft Account. Of course the "FIX ME" was worthless. I tried installing from ISO, that ran OK, but didn't fix anything. So, I tried the dreaded System Reset and let it run. Realizing I'd have a lot of re-installs to do.  When I got on, I had a big blue box saying "Something Went Wrong resetting your PC  Nothing was changed." I've tried all the BS ideas, like creating a new user, removed Dropbox, Removed Norton 360, etc. Nothing helped, which is kind of like Microsoft Support, no help.  I should ask the "Windows Support" idiots that call me twice a week.  I know they are a scam, but it couldn't be much worse than the real Microsoft Support. I'll buy a Mac before I'll pay MS to fix this garbage.  Goes without saying, I'm not happy.

Times Your's.........

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So I am trying to reset my computer completely, wipe everything on my hard drive, all my files (but still keep windows OS). I clicked on "Reset this PC" in settings, under Recovery. Everything seemed to be going well when out of nowhere I got an error message. It read: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made. I also checked Windows Update and it shows this:

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks like I'll be joining the MAC crowd as well.  Don't have lots of time to spend looking up solutions for Windows problems!

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You may try resetting your PC in Windows Recovery Environment. Here's how:

1. Press and hold the Shift key while choosing Restart.
  2. Once the blue boot options menus displays, please click Troubleshoot.

3. Select Reset your PC and follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted.

I tried this, including every option under "Reset your PC" - with or without retaining my files, using a USB device ditto (Windows 10 install flash drive created using the MS USB creation tool). Every one ends in the same result: There was a problem, nothing has been changed.

What now? Apparently I can't even do a simple reinstall from scratch. 

I started this process because the PC won't boot at all - goes into "starting repair" at every reboot, and I've tried all the options offered there also, that I can access without actually having booted Windows.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 16,550 Applies to: